• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Default Notice, Termination Notice Hell !!!!!!!!

phil_charman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6330 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok Guys and Gals,

I have tried to remove a default placed on by a bank in respect of a student overdraft, which is all settled now.

I requested info using the templates namely the Default Notice.

They wrote back enclosing false documents, namely a termination notice incorrectly dated etc.

i wrote back agrueing that they are falsifying documents so they sent me a true copy of the one sent, it is the exact date my default is registered.

Two questions,

1. is a default notice the same as a termination notice?

2. If they terminated the account and submitted the default on the same day, have they not processed information on a terminated contract?

Its all very confusing now....please help.

Barclays - £276.60

6/11/06 prelim letter sent:eek:

22/11/06 LBA Sent:-)

N1 to be filed 30 Jan 2007 :cool:

Barclaycard - Awaiting response from prelim + complaint for blatant ignorance. Unsure of Charges. :mad:

I hope someone can help with those questions, I really don't know.

The reason I am posting is that if you have proof the contract has ended and the account settled have you tried this letter and notice ?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legalities/24013-defaults-proposed-method-removal.html

It means that you did not give permission for the bank to keep transmitting your information for 6 years. So once the contract ended so did any permission to keep transmitting your information to the CRAs.

Did you receive a default notice ?

Who is the bank ?

Halifax

Sent LBA
27/6/06

Been on hol for a week, got home found letter from them dated
27/6/06 offer of £92 claiming £1155.10 so no deal.

Filed claim with Moneyclaim 12/07/06

Halifax acknowledged claim 25/7/06

Court papers received 28/7/06 Halifax intend to defend.

HALIFAX SETTLED IN FULL 1/8/06

Donation made

Birmingham Midshire (mortgage charges) Prelim letter sent 2nd Aug 2006, full offer received 11th Aug with conditions.

13th Aug accepted offer unconditionally.

BIRMINGHAM MIDSHIRES (MORTGAGE) SETTLED IN FULL 24/8/06

Sent SurlyBonds template letter to get defaults removed to Birmingham Midshires 27/08/06

DEFAULTS REMOVED 5/09/06.
THATS 9 DAYS LATER, YES 9 DAYS

No default notice or anything, they have sent me a termination notice they they say they have sent.

Barclays - £276.60

Barclaycard - Awaiting response from prelim + complaint for blatant ignorance. Unsure of Charges. :mad:

A default notice is supposed to tell you what the creditor is planning to do to force you to bring your account up to date.

They can write to you again after they have sent a Default Notice, to tell you that they are terminating your account because you failed to bring the account up to date.

They cant' place a default on your file as the same date as the default notice. What are they thinking!! :eek:

the default date coincides with the termination notice, so am i right in saying that a termination notice will follow a default notice ?

should i still follow down the route of supplying a default notice i wrote back with this today;

Mr Phillip Jonathan Charman

xxxxx

xxxxx

xxxxx

xxxxx

Barclays

Consumer Finance Customer Relations

PO Box 362

Manchester

M60 3PN

Date: 6 November 2006

Our ref: Barclays.default.2

Your Ref: 1xxxxxx

Dear Ms xxxxxxxx

Account number – xxxxxxxx

Sort Code – xx-xx-xx

Thank you very much for your letter dated 2 November 2006.

I am disappointed to note that despite two requests you still insist on sending me documents that I have not asked for and that are not relevant.

I require a signed true and certified copy of the original default notice as required by the conditions of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 sent to me prior to the default being registered against my name. A termination notice is not sufficient and does not substantiate the default being registered.

Furthermore, I must draw your attention to the fact that you entered the default of the exact date of the termination notice and therefore, my written permission allowing Barclays Bank Plc to continue processing, or disclosing, my personal subject data was revoked upon termination of that original contract and I hereby reiterate that revocation.

As you are aware, I am afforded principled rights under the Data Protection Act (Data Protection Act), Schedule 1, Part 1 ("The Principles") in relation to the manner in which my data is collated, stored and processed. Of particular note, are Principles 3, 4 and 5:

“3. Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed.

4. Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.

5. Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.”

In my case, Barclays Bank Plc is still processing data after the cancellation of the contract, whether or not this is a simple renewal process of the default flag, daily or by other timing factor. As that contract is no longer in situ, then my written permission has also ceased from the date of cancellation.

This is confirmed in Principle 2 of the Data Protection Act, which states:

"2. Personal data shall be obtained only for one or more specified and lawful purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes."

I emphasise the term "specified and lawful purposes" as in ‘those specified within the contract’, and no more. I also emphasise the term "shall not be further processed".

You now have 16 days from the date of my original letter of 24 October 2006 to supply me with the default notice. Failure to do so will not only lead me to take this matter to the Banking Ombudsman, as you suggested, The Office of Fair Trading and the Information Commissioner's Office, detailing how you have submitted information against my file without serving correct documentation and how you fashioned documents for the purpose of covering letters, with a very poor explanation, but also to collate my case and apply to the court for an order for removal of such notice.

Yours faithfully

Phillip J Charman

see what happens, would be nice to get some more ammo together ie, rules and regs about filing defaults etc as I know very little,

grateful for all help

Barclays - £276.60

They cant' place a default on your file as the same date as the default notice. What are they thinking!! :eek:

they might be able to

Point to note

The date of service of the notice is the date on which the trader either delivers

or sends the notice by post to the customer. Where a notice is sent by post,

allowance should be made for delivery time when calculating the date by which

the breach must be remedied.

If it was ever sent in the first place

could i ask for proof of postage ?

we get this alot in our field and we do it to others when letters are not received.

Barclays - £276.60

so should a default notice be served before a termination notice ? very confusing, sorry to be a pain:( :confused:

Barclays - £276.60

Hi Phil,

I believe you are meant to get the termination notice 30 days before the actual default being applied to your account, although i am not too sure . . .

Here is a good website that i have found. . . .

http://www.learnmoney.co.uk/credit-cards/remove_default_notice.html

Best of luck anyway with all of this. . .

hondamad

EGG CC Default Removal: Have reported Egg to Trading Standards, Summery Claim - 2nd Hearing Date 09/10/07. Click here to read posts

Monument CC: received statements, now need to send letters. . . !

BoS Current Account: Settled

Citi Cards: Hhmm seems like I have sued the wrong “entity”. Aaaaahhhhh . . .. oh well back to court I go, and they have settled in full!!!

:-D:p:D

This is just advice from me. If you are not sure please seek legal advice. However if what I have said has been helpful, than please add to my reputation by clicking on the scales :D

• 2 months later...

hi i have just recieved 6 years worth of statements on filling the spreadsheet i noticed my account has been charged 30.00 for default notice and this is the first ive heard of it, despite the default notice the bank has continued trying to collect money out of the account for a loan with the same bank, even though i wrote to them asking them to cancell every dd s/o oh and they are charging 30 pound a go , sorry for rambling on if im in defauly can they still operate the account and keep adding charges ???? and i have not had a termination notice