Cabot/Weightmans Claimform - Old Lloyds credit card***Claim Discontinued***

Craigbadger
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1613 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

cases can remain stayed for years

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cases can remain stayed for years

dx

Which also means that it won't become statue barred because it pauses on issue of a claim.

I believe that the clock will only be re-started if they discontinue or you ask for it to be struck out.

Which also means that it won't become statue barred because it pauses on issue of a claim.

I believe that the clock will only be re-started if they discontinue or you ask for it to be struck out.

there was a case mentioned on cag where it was held that if a claim was deemed as just being issued for stopping a poss statute bar, then the 'stop' may not apply. dont recall the case atm though! and, wld prob require an application to argue?

How long have they got to still carry on with court?. I.

on receipt of yr defence, they have (according to the CPR rules) 28 days to say to the court whether they will continue/discontinue. or make any application. if the court doesnt receive a response from them after around that time, then the court will auto stay it.

if it is stayed, then they wld then have to make an application to lift the stay, and do whatever they then apply for.

I only found this out recently as I was assuming that two of mine where claims were issued would become SB this year.

However, as these were issued a few years ago, they would need a very good reason and also get the court to agree to lift the stay!

....time to get a more practical car that won't accidentally pop into 3 figures without me noticing.

why. our 'king' in waiting is apparently concerned for the environment/safety etc lecturing his 'subjects' to do this and that, yet he still drives powerful gas guzzlers etc. ah the hypocrisy. :)

why. our 'king' in waiting is apparently concerned for the environment/safety etc lecturing his 'subjects' to do this and that, yet he still drives powerful gas guzzlers etc. ah the hypocrisy. :)

:lol:

I have always had a soft spot for fast cars(all be it cheap, older fast cars) but I do think I'm at a time in my life where a sensible estate with a big boot would be a better option.

I only found this out recently as I was assuming that two of mine where claims were issued would become SB this year.

However, as these were issued a few years ago, they would need a very good reason and also get the court to agree to lift the stay!

yes, to lift wld need reason and J' s say so.

the longer stayed, prob the better for the defendant. but, never know with the courts!

on receipt of yr defence, they have (according to the CPR rules) 28 days to say to the court whether they will continue/discontinue. or make any application. if the court doesnt receive a response from them after around that time, then the court will auto stay it.

if it is stayed, then they wld then have to make an application to lift the stay, and do whatever they then apply for.

Thats pretty much what I was after. :)

:lol:

I have always had a soft spot for fast cars(all be it cheap, older fast cars) but I do think I'm at a time in my life where a sensible estate with a big boot would be a better option.

:)

dont do it, dont get a volvo estate :)

.... just want something reliable and affordable.

and safe. has to be a volvo then :)

was just jesting around, nowt wrong with the volvo estates. good cars. and good value for money cf. audi/bmw.

• 2 weeks later...

Right just had 2 identical letters off Weightmans with nothing more than informing me that their client intends to proceed with the claim and they are informing the court of the same, would of been cheaper to just write in capitals rather than send 2 but yeah. I presume this is to be ignored and is scare tactics, given that Cabot have already said they have not got a cca and can't use courts unless they find one.

maybe they are just continuing in case they find something to satisfy yr cca request. if they cant, then yes cant be any court enforcement.

if continuing, it will proceed to directions/allocation. you'll get such notice from the court

yes, template letter sent out by dca's. best not rely on them saying things are on hold, the court process is whats relevant. they cant 'hold' things themselves as such without the formals eg staying it or discontinuing

if they cant produce anything re yr cca request then there cant be any court enforcement re that alone. then they'll have to then discontinue or risk going to court without. you then wld also have their letter saying no court, re misleading statements?

willy waving

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

About 3 grand I think,

non homeowner,

skint,

self employed.

They must be after my old Golf which is worth about half the amount owed as I've not got a lot else.

If you remember Weightmans sent me a letter saying they would be proceeding

the same day Cabot told me they had no cca,

the account was on hold and unenforceable till they found it

so maybe there is just a lack of communication

or if its anything like most things in the world now things go by a clock unless someone stops the clock.

ok. was just wondering re the value cf. them paying the fee/costs to continue.

yes, template letter from a puppet re a cca request when nothing is immediately to hand

(which it wont be as an assignee, they have to go back to the original creditor for any info).

once/if they have something, they shld though respond to you with it accordingly re the cca request.

Right can I just double check something before I send all this off.

On the Notice of Proposed allocation it says.

3. You must by 2* April 2015 complete the small claims directions questionnarie (form n180) and file it with the court and serve copy on all other parties.

What does that mean exactly?, they have only sent me one copy which I had presumed I returned to court but it says above serve copy to all other parties.

I presume I agree to mediation but I'm just confused as there is only 1 copy and the notice tells me to send one to the court and serve a copy to all other parties who I presume is the solicitors.

Right can I just double check something before I send all this off.

On the Notice of Proposed allocation it says.

3. You must by 2* April 2015 complete the small claims directions questionnarie (form n180) and file it with the court and serve copy on all other parties.

What does that mean exactly?, they have only sent me one copy which I had presumed I returned to court but it says above serve copy to all other parties.

I presume I agree to mediation but I'm just confused as there is only 1 copy and the notice tells me to send one to the court and serve a copy to all other parties who I presume is the solicitors.

Photocopy the completed form and send the original to Court and the copy to the other side.

Or alternatively hit the link below ...complete on screen and print 3 copies....looks far more professional

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?406099-LEGAL-N180-Directions-Questionnaire-(Small-Claims-Track)-**Correct-at-Oct-2013**

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread