British gas & electric

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3407 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have tried numerous times via british gas to get rid of both my gas and electric pre payment meters and they said because my credit score is low they will not do.

I am putting £30.00 per week in my gas and £20.00 per week in my electric.

I have never had my meters checked in the 10years I have lived at the property.

I did have arrears but these were paid up around 5 years ago.

I asked them to check my meters and they said I did not need to have this done.

I am spending over £2000 per year yet my gas statement says £600.00 and electric £350.00.

Please someone advise

I received a cash voucher for £84.00 stating that the prepayment gas meter had been set up incorrectly and I have been paying too much for my gas (nice to admit you have made a mistake).

I am fuming as I have asked so many times why I am putting in £30 to £35.00 a week in my gas considering I am out of the house atleast 10hours a day.

This has been ongoing for years.

I even asked them why no one has ever been out to read or check my meter in the 10years I have lived in my property.

I emailed the ombudsman yesterday with a complaint and now await their response.

I am not sure after reading some one elses post that this has been an issue since around 2007.

Well if that is the case where did they pull out the figure to refund of £84.00.

I have with my electric been putting in £50.00 per week for my utilities.

My annual statement does not reflect how much I am putting in my meter.

Considering I have not been in arrears with them for many years I feel I am still paying a debt, probably Mr Invisible.....

am paying almost £2600.00 per year which is not reflected on my annual statement which claims my gas should be around £6/700.00 per year and electriv £350.00 per year.

Please help:sad::|:x