Home Insurace!! (on the Phone Now)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6589 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What a farce.

Been on the phone for the last 50 Minutes now, talking to Halifax Insurace, not something I really want to do on a Bank Holiday But anyway, here is the story.

Back In February, there was a problem with my Missus wages, so we cancelled all the Direct Debits, so we didnt get charged by the bank. And then set them up again, howver, our Insurance Was forgotten about.

So 2 letters were sent, which my missus forgot about (alway seem to blame her), And the 2nd letter had Said Contact us within 14 days. So within those 14 days I had actually phoned up to make a claim, and this is the 1st I hear about them cancelling our policy.

So I said to them, can I pay the outstanding balance. She said yes, went away for a minute, and came back, and said, thats your balance clear, your policy is back, without me having to pay anything. Then we went ahead with the claim.

I have since received the New laptop I claimed for, but got a letter the other day saying my account has been cancelled.

So I phoned them today, and they said I would have to take a new policy, which would actually be £33 per month, instead of the normal £13 which we paid due to claims being on the account.

She is now away to listen to the tape, where she will hear what the other person says, and will phone me back in 30 mins.

But what are my rights, incase she decides to lie, I mean do I have rights to hear this tape? Because I know what was said, and I was definetly told the account was fine, and I was expecting my DD to come off on the 1st of next month

Any help would be good, quickly though :p

Colin

Hi Colin,

Why do they need you to pay within 24 hours? Did they specify how you are to pay? If you have no credit or debit card and work all day they cannot expect you to go to the bank and pay in money within 24 hours.

As they made the mistake they should reinstate the DD and collect as usual.

LOULA

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

this is a test.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 2019-03-08.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6589 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks