style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3427 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I can't express how embarrassed i am right now.

Got caught shoplifting in Primark today, to value of roughly £20.

Totally out of character, I'm just broke and needed a gift for a friend (NOT a valid excuse at all, i know).

Somehow my logic went : Primark is cheap, so morally/legally not so wrong if i take something there!

So i was wrong. I was very 'careful', hid a couple shirts under my jacket and went into the changing room to put them in my bag.

.They grabbed me when i left the shop.

In the detention room i confessed immediately, told them why i did it etc.

They copied my PASSPORT and took a photo

i've read through loads of forums and seems everybody says just ignore the letters.

1.Does the fact that they have a copy of my passport change anything(as opposed to driving licence etc)?

2.Could it cause any problems for me?

3.Also the letters will be sent to my parents' address and i don't live there; could there be any concequences for my parents?

4.I'm leaving for Morocco next week (for 2 or 3 months) and don't want to stress about this while i'm away!!!

5. Did they record the conversation and could anything i said be used against me?

The cctv footage shows exactly what i did and it was obviously intentional and thought through and they know it.

Oh the passport is British and i'm 18.

Sorry for the long post, i'm just very worried and want everything to be clear.

THANK you for your help in advance

1.no

2.no

3.no

4.dont then

5.no

go enjoy your life

forget about it

but p'haps behave now?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi and welcome to CAG

To expand on DX's post.

1 No. They just used it as a form of ID. As the passport has no address in it, I assume you volunteered that info but even if so, no harm done.

2 Highly unlikely. RLP have NO power over you. If you have read some of my previous posts, I can find no cases where Primark have taken court action against shoplifters. RLP cannot instigate court action although they like you to think they can.

3 No. The 'case' is against you, not your parents. You are over 18 and as such, RLP cannot contact your parents. You are deemed old enough to understand the implications. If you were under 18, my advice would change a bit.

4 While you are in Morocco, the letters will still come however Royal mail do a keepsafe service where they will hold your mail for up to 66 days and then deliver it once you are back. I would use that option if your parents open your letters.

5 For them to use audio and video recordings they would need to place signs around the store informing you of such. There will be no audio recordings, of that I am fairly certain.

Once you understand exactly what RLP can and cannot do, you will be a little stress free.

You will be sent about 4 letters from RLP stating stuff they cannot substantiate in the belief you will fall for it and then they will pass this demand on to a Debt Collector who have even less power that RLP. The only entity that can instigate any action is Primark and they would have to go to a county court to make this spurious amount into a debt-if they won (even more unlikely) but as I have said, Primark do not do court.

Take a few deep breaths, learn from your poor choice then move on. Don't let this rule your life.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

And the kicker is that rlp are unlikely to pass any money on if you do pay.

Personally I'd love to see where Jackie lives to see how the moneys spent.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D