Parking charge notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3432 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received a parking charge notice which I am sure you all know is not a fine, just an invoice that they would like me to pay. From a well known bunch of legal muggers.

The so called offence was staying approximately 10 minuets longer than the 2 hours i paid £1 to park for. In a private car park whilst Christmas shopping. Spending over £500 in shops owned by the same company who owns the car park.

The car park muggers have sent me a photo of my car entering & leaving said car park unfortunately for them they have got the date/times wrong.

I know i can prove beyond all reasonable doubt that there date/times are completely wrong in a court.

Do I write & tell them. There for giving them the opportunity to change the date & time to the correct one. or my personal choice would be to say & do nothing. Wait for my day in court & prove beyond doubt I was not there at those times.

I am sorry to be a bit cagey about who, where & when etc. But i know the car park muggers monitor these forums.

So what if they monitor them. They cant do anything at all and they know it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

This was ANPR going by your first post?

How many days from the date of the parking event till the NTK landed on your doormat?

Do they mention the POFA 2012 on the NTK? Can you post up a redacted copy please?

They seem to be BPA members, but their website does not make any mention of this...

http://www.britannia-parking.co.uk/index.php

We need to see the NTK really.

You weren't offending me at all. My point was the ppcs can't do anything, although they try and say they can.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

It is good that the par parking companies monitor these forums, that way they know when they are going to lose and may well stop their stupidity in time to save themselves a few quid on time wasting. It gives them fair warning that people dont believe their lies and are happy to help the uninitiated.

Now, back to your letter, you mention christmas shopping so presumable this event was befoe christmas so when did you get the demand? They have 12 days plus 2 days for service to get the letter to you so 14 days max otherwise it is timed out under the PoFA and therefore no keeper liability. the burden of proof as to the identity of the driver lies with them so they cant just say that you must have been driving because it is your car. For example, I am the legal owner of my daughters car but I have never driven it but I would never tell any parking co anything other than I am the keeper.

Thank you ericsbrother

It says. date of contravention 10/12/2014 & date of this notice 02/01/2015 plus it took at least another 3 days for us to receive it in the post. Does this mean it is timed out.

Thank you ericsbrother

It says. date of contravention 10/12/2014 & date of this notice 02/01/2015 plus it took at least another 3 days for us to receive it in the post. Does this mean it is timed out.

Yes.

There is no keeper liability under the POFA 2012.

They can only chase the driver.... and you have no obligation to tell them who that is.

Yep, they have 14 days after the date of the event to serve keeper with notice and they have failed to do so. I would write to them as keeper of the vehicle and tell them this. Say that they didint send out notice in the time allowed by S9 of the PoFA and therefore there is no keeper liability and any further correspondence will result in a claim of harassment being made against them as both a criminal act and civil tort.

It is then up to them to identify the driver at the time. If you do get any further demands make a complaint to Patrick Troy at the BPA .