SWALEC Arrears

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3426 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can someone advice me here please? I have arrears with Swalec for £900 and they are threatening to install a prepayment meter which I do not want. They are willing to take £200 a month which I really cannot afford, and thats the repayment plan I have been offered.I want a repayment plan I can afford to pay each month. What can I do? Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

You need to put to together a budget and also ask about any energy trust you can apply for.

Most of the energy companies have a trust which will award grants to help cover one of debt balances

You could make them an offer. You would need to cover your ongoing consumption plus add an affordable additional amount to bring the debt balance down.

It may be worth writing to the CEO and they will normally have complaints staff with more authority to agree a payment amount.

They will normally offer prepayment as they will normally be able to spread the debt portion over a longer period.

What they want is for you to cover you ongoing consumption and for the debt balance not to increase.