Hastings Direct and head in the sand....

Buchanan60
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3427 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am at my wits end with Hastings Direct. My 20 year old daughter was insured for her car with them. In December 2014 her insurance was up for renewal and I found a better cover with Endsleigh. I tried to contact Hastings on the numerous numbers without success but I was aware that the auto renewal would not take place because I had recently had a replacement debit card. The payment was not made and the first letter arrived saying to contact them with new payment detail. I eventually rang them with my daughter and told them that we did not want the insurance.

As it had never been paid you would have thought this would be the end of the matter but she is now being harassed by Hasting Direct for a cancellation fee and some form of insurance period fee. They are demanding a £45 cancellation fee and a further £17.07. This is also supported with threats of referral to debt collection agency and an adverse effect on her credit rating. They have in fact tried to take this from my personal bank account!

They failed yet again because they don't have the correct card detail.

How do I get this very unprofessional company to desist from the totally unwarranted bullying and harassment of my daughter. The poor girl has been in tears thinking she has done something wrong!

HASTING DIRECT.....THE INSURANCE WAS NOT RENEWED.

THEREFORE HOW CAN YOU MAKE UNWARRANTED CLAIMS THAT IT WAS CANCELLED.

YOU CANNOT CANCEL WHAT HAS NEVER BEEN PAID FOR.

I have made a formal complaint to Hastings Direct which has been acknowledged.

This morning I get a further letter entitled 'Outstanding Debt' FINAL WARNING.

Utterly, utterly dreadful. Deaf and dumb.

Do not have anything to do with this company if you value your sanity.

Now you have made the complaint, they will probably just lapse the policy from renewal with nothing being owed.

Hastings do have an internet rep who replies to CAG posts, so they may reply tomorrow.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi,

Thanks for your message - I note it is repost of your review on TrustPilot to which I have already responded. I can assure you that your concerns will be looked into and I hope that we are able to arrange an amicable outcome for your daughter.

Regards,

Joe

Joe

I have posted on Trustpilot and this forum and will do so to many more if i need to do so....

I have emailed to the address you have identified.

I have a telephone message today asking my daughter to contact you. She refuses to do so having been subject of your companies unwarranted attention. She does not trust Hastings to provide a proper resolution.

Is it not strange that Joe Public has to go to these lengths on Forums to get a reaction?????

Thank you CAG for getting me a response.