Sky won't accept my cancellation

momma
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3433 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I took out a TV, Phone and Broadband(free broadband lite) package a year ago with the dreaded SKY.

24 hours later they informed me that the broadband was insufficient for my needs and therefore they would be charging me for a compulsory upgrade.

I sent several letters complaining that I should have been sold the correct package in the first place and had I been, then I would have declined as it was over my very tight budget and I could have got cheaper elsewhere.

After being taken around the houses, twisted and turned until my brain was ready to explode, never once getting a relevant explanation, I then sent notice of my intention to cancel once my minimum term contract expired.

This notice gave 10 months notice: my contract states that my contract can be ended at the end of the minimum term by giving at least 31 days notice AT ANY TIME[. As I have stated, I gave them 10 months.

After I gave notice I received 2 emails from them acknowledging my intention to cancel. My final subscription was taken by DD in December which takes me through to Jan when my contract ends.

After checking my account to see if there would be any charges (phone calls etc,) that would be carried over after my final payment I was shocked, and amazed (ridiculous considering it is SKY) to find that an invoice had been raised for a further month.

Upon contacting SKY and arguing with them for the past two days (very difficult when one is deaf and slurred speech) the latest email states that I have given TOO MUCH NOTICE. They now inform me that I can give no more than 2 months notice but at least 31 days.

Considering that I cannot find anything to that effect in my T & C's and have also checked their online T & C's, how can they insist upon this?

In addition, whilst this drama is going, on block me from changing suppliers by refusing to release my phone line.

Edited by momma
error