Faulty fire -refund **Resolved**

Clear33
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3441 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have forgotten if I would be entitled to a full refund or not in this case.

On 6/12/14 i got a halogen heater 3 bar after getting hypothermia - will worry about electricity bill next week.

Within a few days one of the bars broke (did not come on) would prefer a full refund rather than a repair or replace - since I dont like the hassle of bars breaking like this and difficulty getting out.

I have kept the receipt but not the box. Am I legally entitled to a refund? The shop Manager thinks not, was rude and says his store is closing down this week. Time is running out to get it sorted.

Thankyou for helping.

Clear33

As the regulations say 'you have for a short time', although they don't say what this short time is. I would say not as this is over a month so you might be classed as having accepted it which would entitle you to a repair, replacement or your money back at the sellers discretion.

Thanks conniff

Is it over a month? It was bought 6th December.

If its the 3rd today - thats 28 days today (i think)

Seller is not going to do anything out of kindness...only by law (and even then maybe not!)

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/consumer-rights-refunds-exchange

trying to wade through this link... Find relevant bits...

Manager did try to fob me off by saying he would have to get in touch with supplier. It seems this is not true.

Also, there was a big difference between buying a 1200 w fire and the bar breaking and only getting 800w between keeping warm and being cold.

It was not fit for purpose.

I was offered a replacement fire - but given my circumstances (difficulty in getting out) - i dont trust the reliability of these bars - cant have them failing and dont want another halogen again after this.. Plus shop is closing down this week.

Manager then said he cant give refunds so i can try out a range of fires. This was not what I said.

its after 14 days, refund/replacement/repair is down to the retailer

unless you paid by a credit card

I'd take the new fire and run

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...