Napster ** Problem Solved **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3450 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone recently received an email from Napster,offering a 50 day free trial.As I have received 2 in the last 24 hours.

It causes concern,as when you go to their site,it is only a 30 day offer.But the alarming part about it is,that if you do not cancel the free offer,they automatically sign you into a membership,at £10/month.

Not only that,there is nowhere on their site to cancel.It might be hidden in the free trial package,but I am not opening it.

If you go to the addresses that are on the email,some are in German.The others give a McAfee (don't go there warning).

The bottom line is,do not sign up to their free offer.

Regards,John.

The 'you must cancel' bit is the same for all companies that hope you forget and that is the idea. The same is done by Which magazine, Experian and a multitude of others.

The contract is just a standard contract with nothing weird about it and can be closed within 14 days for no penalty and a return of any monies paid or before the end of a free trial.

Foreign language is because although this is Yank, they are registered in Luxembourg in the hope, (no doubt), of trying to evade European tax laws which is why the likes of Google etc are all registered in Luxembourg.

If you want a music download service, Napster is ok but I would advise going direct to their site and not click on any links in emails.

I remember when Napster first started and was a P2P service, I downloaded hundreds of tracks and that was on dial-up long before the days of broadband.

Conniff.

Thank you for your reply,it is sorted out now.

I was led to believe that you were automatically enrolled into Napster's free trial,then cancel at a later date.

I had already sent an email to Napster before I made this posting.telling them that I did not want their free trial.I received the following email from them,.....

Hi-

I am unable to locate any Napster account under this email address xxxxxxxxx.

Can you please provide us with the following information to locate your account and to help you:

* The email address you used to sign up for your account

* Your first and last name

* Your Billing address and zip code

* Order number (if any)

* Last four digits of your Credit card for verification purpose

-Sofia

So,it looks as if you have to give them your card details first,then cancel at a later date.

Regarding your remark about Luxembourg,there were several email addresses on my email,which helped to confuse matters.

1....NAPSTER.

2....ZARENGA.

3....NEWS FOR YOU.

4....MAIL INCENTIVES.

Anyway,problem solved.

Regards,John.

Conniff.

It really infuriates me to see some members begging for advice,then they do not update their post with the outcome.Everything is left in limbo.It is only common decency,as other members have sacrificed their own time to help.

Not only is someone getting help,it can also be used as a reference to other people in the same predicament.Before starting this post,I did a search on this site regarding Napster,but the posts were years old.

Regards,John.

Conniff.

It really infuriates me to see some members begging for advice,then they do not update their post with the outcome.Everything is left in limbo.It is only common decency,as other members have sacrificed their own time to help.

Not only is someone getting help,it can also be used as a reference to other people in the same predicament.Before starting this post,I did a search on this site regarding Napster,but the posts were years old.

Regards,John.

Amen to that!! Thanks John. :)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.