Cleaning Up Credit File

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3465 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Again!

I hope I have posted this in the correct forum. Apologies if not.

I have posted in this forum as it's related to a court case that never happen regarding a debt that has been passed to DCAs.

Basically, I had a Vodafone contract and there was no signal for almost a month. Such a length of time that I had to move to another supplier.

I stopped paying VF saying that they had breached my contract. They disagreed and threaten court proceedings. Which I was willing to defend.

But, they never took me to court, they just passed the debt onto a succession of DCAs to chase me for the money. None of these DCAs have ever taken me to court either as I simply state that the debt is in dispute.

So, that's the background.

My problem is that VF have put a default on my credit file and left it there.

How do I go about getting this removed if they are unwilling to take me to court?

How are companies allowed to put things like this on peoples credit files if they are "not proven", so to speak?

Can anyone give any advice please?

Thanks

I'm afraid that it is always a mistake to stop payments with any of these companies – even though you have good reason to do so.

They are much bigger than you and they are dinosaurs and bullies and they will simply roll over you.

Although it would be much fairer and reasonable to say that the credit reference agency files cannot be altered without some judicial approval, in fact the credit reference agencies are out of control. They work for and on behalf of their subscribers and they don't care about you. They only care about you and accuracy to the extent that it keeps them out of trouble. Their subscribers such as Vodafone and others have direct access to the credit reference agency database and they will blight your credit file and your life without thinking.

These companies should take you to court – but they never do. It's not worth their while. They can't be bothered.

The only way that you are going to be able to deal with this is to bring your own court action to establish that there was a breach of contract – and that it was a breach of contract which justified you terminating the agreement.

Will it ever expire?

A quick google search seems to suggest that it will after 6 years but when I look at my Noddle report it shows as having been "updated" in the last month! But it's been well over a year since I have had any dealings with VF...

If they keep updating it, does that reset the 6 year counter do you know?

Thread moved to the appropriate forum.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I'm afraid that it is always a mistake to stop payments with any of these companies – even though you have good reason to do so.

They are much bigger than you and they are dinosaurs and bullies and they will simply roll over you.

Although it would be much fairer and reasonable to say that the credit reference agency files cannot be altered without some judicial approval, in fact the credit reference agencies are out of control. They work for and on behalf of their subscribers and they don't care about you. They only care about you and accuracy to the extent that it keeps them out of trouble. Their subscribers such as Vodafone and others have direct access to the credit reference agency database and they will blight your credit file and your life without thinking.

These companies should take you to court – but they never do. It's not worth their while. They can't be bothered.

The only way that you are going to be able to deal with this is to bring your own court action to establish that there was a breach of contract – and that it was a breach of contract which justified you terminating the agreement.

^^ above is what I call hitting the nail smack bang on the head ^^

this IS how it appears to work.

I cannot seem to find a way to place a default on Vodafone without starting my own action.

Which seems a little out of balance?

Vodafone can slap a default on me with the strike of a key. I have to go to court to add one to their credit file