lowell/bw - Claimform - VODAFONE DEBT - NOT MINE - poss fraud*** Claim Discontinued***

CJ1984
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3331 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I suggest that where it invites you to propose your own direction, that you put - "The defendant's case is that this is a case of identity fraud. The defendant respectfully asks the court to order that the claimant discloses all evidence in their possession which shows that the defendant is the actual contracting partner. This disclosure to be made 21 days before the hearing or claim to be struck out in default."

What is the form number?

Spoke to CJ earlier and what she has is the DQ. I have no idea how to fill these in as it is something I have never done before.

With regard to the cpr letter sent to BW legal for the documents, nothing so far. I did send it by recorded delivery but can I find the receipt!!!!!

I haven't sent VF a SAR but as yet but I feel that is the next thing on the list.

I do suspect that VF will stall as there may be some information on the contract that CJ won't know about so they may use the DPA not to send it. VF also store their contracts off site so tend not to include it within a SAR. I did one to VF ages ago and it took even longer to get the contract.

CJ, at the bottom of the form is a space for any other info. You could follow Bankfodders tip and place it there.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

There is another DQ which does have the necessary space in

You cant issue directions in the SCT (DQN180) only in Fast track.(N181)

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi all,

Once the SAR's been received, I'm happy to follow this up with the relevant team to make sure it's handled as quickly as possible.

silverfox - For clarification, it'll need to be requested by CJ1984. Once we've got it, we'll provide all the information we have about the account.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK

Thanks Lee. I am hoping she will give me a letter of authority to act on her behalf but as she doesn't have a printer that may take a bit of working out.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Thanks.

SF1961 - I suggest that you send Lee a copy for the SAR directly

You cant issue directions in the SCT (DQN180) only in Fast track.(N181)

Whoops - looks like I haven't been keeping up with new rules. Sorry.

• 2 months later...

As an update to this, BW Legal sent nothing re the cpr request.

Due to a serious delay, the SAR was signed for on the 13th of March and to date I have received nothing. Irrespective of what I say below, the SAR is still outstanding.

With regard to the court case, my daughter received a Letter of Discontinuance today. Why they have discontinued is anybodies guess.

I have advised her to keep checking with the court to ensure that they have received a copy before we can put this to bed.

Nice one Silver....they discontinue in the main once a defence has been submitted and it its simply not viable to proceed...or they will not be able to disclose documents relied upon.

Thread title amended.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I am pleased to hear that the claim has been discontinued, SF.

However, I would continue to press for the SAR and if not forthcoming, I would submit a complaint to the ICO :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I am pleased to hear that the claim has been discontinued, SF.

However, I would continue to press for the SAR and if not forthcoming, I would submit a complaint to the ICO :)

Not to worry, That is still ongoing.

Nice one Silver....they discontinue in the main once a defence has been submitted and it its simply not viable to proceed...or they will not be able to disclose documents relied upon.

Thread title amended.

Andy

Pah! Could have done that myself :lol:

Got a letter today from VF turning down my SAR. They have sat on this since the 13th of March although they have date stamped the letter the 16th.

This letter is dated 17th April.

They have refused by saying they need more ID info from both me and my daughter, Why have they sat on this for over a month when this could have been sent back immediately. Why wait?

They have also stated and I quote,

"Please be advised that although Vodafone Limited does retain copies of its customer contracts, they are held in secure storage locations and are not filed or organised in such a way that specific information relating to a particular individual (or a copy of a particular individual's contract) is readily accessible. For this reason customer contracts are not classed as personal data as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998 and will not be provided as part of our response to your request."

Once I get some extra ID from my daughter and send some of mine. I would expect as a minimum they they could prove that a contract was taken out by my daughter by supplying such data. I am beginning to wonder if it was VF that told BW legal to discontinue as they would not be able to supply a contract because of the shoddy way they store contracts.

What would it take for VF to have a system in place where they can access documents instead of bundling them all together and chucking them on a shelf in some secure storage somewhere in the UK.

With Lee's assistance, we managed to get copies of the contracts when my other daughter had issues with them so why not this time?

I think you need to start a complaint with the Information Commisioner, SF. They cannot hold on to your request for so long and then make a request for more information from you. They are supposed to do this within a "timely manner" according to the ICO>

I think their interpretation of "personal data" is similar to that of Barclaycard and the ICO put them straight.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D