Virgin Mobile phone "LOAN" agreement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3464 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As always checking the T&C's of my SERVICE agreement with Virgin Mobile, I came across the new terms and wanted some thoughts the quote from there is

"The legal stuff

The prices shown require you to use eBilling. For monthly price with paper bill add £1.50. Credit check & payment by Direct Debit required.

Prices shown are based on a 24 month Consumer Credit Agreement provided by Virgin Media Mobile Finance Limited and a 30 day rolling Pay Monthly Airtime Contract with Virgin Mobile Telecoms Limited. You must pay off your loan in full in order to upgrade your handset. Further terms and conditions apply. 0% APR Representative.

*Please note standard charges apply, please check with your network operator for rates."

This quote was taken from here

http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/sim-only/pay-monthly-sim.html

The part of interest is that is in BOLD above. I have always heard that a mobile contract whether a full 24 month or 30 rolling was a service agreement? Is this correct?

If so when did it become a loan agreement? if this has now become a loan is it subject to us being able to use the CCA request to grab the contract or is this legal stuff a typo? If a typo what can someone do about ending the contract early without the early fees being added? and would this be fully covered under the laws regarding credit agreements? as stated above in writing it is a LOAN.

Also since these form part of the T&C's which Virgin say are "a rolling set of T&C's"

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

You have two contracts.

Loan - presumably in the form of a phone - from v m m f ltd governed by CCA.

Service agreement from v m t ltd.

The contract small print - well worth checking - should cover such eventualities as early termination. Penalty fees for this would most likely attach to the service agreement and the loan repayment schedule run its full course.

That's my take. Others may see it differently.

Just my interpretation of what you quoted but it clearly says there are two agreements - a loan and a service agreement. And of course there's no such thing as a free phone.

Why not ring them up and ask to speak to someone competent in the legal dept - preferably recording your call?

I would certainly not sign unless satisfied with TCs or it could lead to tears later.