Stolen Debit card and Pin

buzz.m
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3473 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

While I was withdrawing money from ATM,

Suddenly two persons came from my back side and one of them cancelled my transaction and

I asked why you are cancelling my transaction.

He replied that This ATM is not working and the other guy also said the same.

I thought ATM is not working and my card has been stuck in the machine.

Immediately I have called bank and got to know from customer care representative that some dispute transactions worth 2500£

(300£ refunded by bank as they withdrawn this amount at ATM) were made on my card and I have cancelled my card.

I went to Local police station and suggested to report in actionafraud.police.uk and suggested to wait till the bank response.

I am really worrying whether the bank will refund my money for these disputed transactions?

OR do I need to go for Police/Court?

The bank is obliged to refund immediately - please read the FCA know your rights guide

Bank has provided some fraud/disputed transaction list for my confirmation. I need to submit those documents and wait for bank response.In case bank fails to refund amount to whom i need to contact?

Hi ST and welcome to CAG

When did this happen and was it at an ATM outside a bank.

Can you explain how there are disputed transactions of £2,500 on the a/c if you called the bank immediately after you thought your card was retained.

Please see the PM I have sent you, and respond asap.

Get the forms back to the bank quickly and see how they respond.

Follow the advice in post #2 and see how the bank is obliged to refund disputed amounts.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Moving this to the Barclays Bank forum.

Did the police log this as a reported crime and give you a crime ref. number.

Have you enquired whether the ATM is covered by CCTV, so the relevant footage can be reviewed by police to identify any suspects.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)