Vodafone NOT taken DD for last 15 month...Help...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3481 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

On September this year I have realised Vodafone did not take their monthly DD for my mobile monthly contract for the last 15 month,

since then I was confused of what to do,

the total debit is over £1200,

yesterday afternoon Vodafone sent me a text msg to call them urgent.

... I did not.......

.... at around 10pm my services was disconnected.

I had the contract for over 6 years,

on FEB 2013 I had a higher bill than usual,

Vodafone agreed that I can spread the bill over a number of months,

Vodafone took £50 by DD to cover the bill and called me to take the payment for the new bill using my debit card,

when the bill covered Vodafone never call me and I took it as they have gone back to DD for the new bills.

My main concern is that am preparing myself to take out a mortgage next month

and I would not like this to effect my credit score in anyhow.

....and off course I cannot afford to pay all of the debit in one payment.

Can anyone advice me on how to deal with this?!..

.and the best way to approach Vodafone.

regards

have you looked at your creditfile to see if anything shows?

see noddle link below..its free too.

We here at CAg have a very successful VodaFone Rep operating here

We advise you to follow this method to alert them to your thread:

If you'd like any help from Lee, email your details via the Contact us form here (https://help.vodafone.co.uk/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=ESCALATION_REQUEST&PARTITION_ID=1&CONFIGURATION=1000&COUNTRY=us&LANGUAGE=en)

you MUST PUT the code 'WRT135 - CAG Forum' in the subject line.

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post back with this

Vodafone UK

CAG.

regards

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Although it seems that Vodafone have contributed to this problem by not collecting the direct debits, they may well wonder why you didn't appreciate that the money wasn't being taken from your account and why you didn't raise it with them earlier. Other people reading this thread might also ask themselves the same question.

I'm afraid that one big mistake was not to have contacted Vodafone when they asked you to do so. This has scarcely inspired any confidence and I expect that you will have a lot of difficulty getting your service re-connected – even if you make a promise of instalments.

You will have to contact Vodafone and start having a dialogue with them. Before that though, I think that you should put together a plan of repayment so that you have something to tell them.

If the arrears is £1200 then I don't think that £50 per month is going to cut it.

I think that they would want a substantial down payment and then some pretty good instalments and it might be reasonable to expect you to be able to clear it within say, six months.

Be careful about dealing with Vodafone on the phone unless you record the calls. You should always record your calls dealing with any company and especially when you are in your predicament, you need to make sure that everything is completely clear and that there is no room for any misunderstandings or going back on promises later – and that counts for both of you.