Bluestone Credit Management - old satans bank car finance 'debt'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3469 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Back in 2010, when i was young and stupid, i bought a car on finance for £19k with Santander Finance..

I became unemployed a few months later and defaulted on the monthly payments a few times.

The debt was then passed on to Bluestone credit management.

Up until now, i've gotten away with paying BCM only £10 a month,

however i'm hoping to join the armed forces soon and i'm worried about how things will play out

because BCM like to contact me via phone call for a "review" every 6 months

and it's likely i'll be away when they phone up.

If they found out i'm a single male with no dependents in the armed forces they'll want a huge chunk of my salary.

This debt is the only thing that's putting doubt into my mind regarding a new career and a fresh start.

Is bankruptcy an option?

I could wipe the slate clean and start a fresh?

Why go bankrupt on a debt like this??

Its one debt. They are a no powers DCA :) and going bankrupt for this isnt worth it. I would suggest it on higher amounts but its a long process.

You dont have to give them anything else more than what you can afford. If they ask questions, dont answer them.

I would just for measure send a £1 postal order and check they have CCA Agreement via a CCA Request, If they dont well.... Then you dont pay

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

If the OC has sold the debt on, especially a debt of that amount, you really need to be asking questions. A simple CCA request is more than enough to see where you stand.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

90% of these sold to bluestone are dodgy to say the least

you need to STAY OFF THAT PHONE.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?388709-SANTANDER-car-loan-issues-being-nasty-now-sold-to-bluestone-close-credit-management&highlight=bluestone

use the search of the top grey toolbar far right

type in

bluestone

and go read & read.

then comeback and tell us the full story.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for the advice everyone, I will definitely do the CCA Request.

I remember back in 2011 they sent an 'agent' round to my house in a desperate bid to make me give them the car.. they'd sell it for approx 11k and still make me in debt 8k.

I refused, sold the car and used the money for other things :razz:and a few months later they sent a letter to me offering a reduction of debt to 10k..

They shot themselves in the foot.. i would have given the car to them if they'd had written off the whole lot but they were greedy

in the meantime

unless you have all the statements

get an sar off to satans bank

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

in the meantime

unless you have all the statements

get an sar off to satans bank

dx

I don't know my account number for the santander agreement.. can they just use my name and address and pull relative info from that?

you don't need it.

have you moved since taking it out?

dx

and they

I refused, sold the car and used the money for other things :razz:and a few months later they sent a letter to me offering a reduction of debt to 10k..

I always thought that selling a vehicle that is on hire purchase is asset conversion fraud? As you don't legally own the vehicle until the final payment, further more this could lead to the purchaser of the vehicle having it repossed and left hugely out of pocket.

I always thought that selling a vehicle that is on hire purchase is asset conversion fraud? As you don't legally own the vehicle until the final payment, further more this could lead to the purchaser of the vehicle having it repossed and left hugely out of pocket.

It wasn't HP... else i would never have gotten rid of it due to the hpi marker.

It was some kind of Santander Car Loan i took out.