Bell Park Kerridge Solicitors

blakey1152
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3470 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

Hope someone can help me as I am not entirely sure what to do.

First, a bit of background information.

My mum passed away from cancer in April 2013 and as she knew she was dying she had gone and paid out for the entire funeral and made all the arrangements so as we didn't have to worry about it.

However, after the funeral had been and gone I got a couple of calls from the funeral directors - apparently at the funeral the director had paid out £200 of his own money for travel costs to the musician who played at the funeral.

I had then referred him to the executors of the will as in my opinion the funeral was paid for in its entirity so the fact that he had paid out £200 of his own money was of his own free will.

I have received a letter from Bell Park Kerridge Solicitors asking for the £200 and if I don't pay within 7 days they will issue court proceedings without any further reference.

Surely I can't be liable for this £200 debt - I have never signed any sort of credit agreement for it and I didn't ask him to pay the £200 (in fact didn't even know about til afterwards)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thankyou

Blakey

You could be right. I think the you would have to have a look at the contract and understand what the basis of the arrangements were and how they were made. Presumably the musician was paid for by your mother but maybe his travel costs were overlooked.

I have to say that £200 of travel costs seems a lot of money to me. I think I would want to know more about what travel involved and also get some receipts.

I think in the back of my mind though is the fact that maybe the funeral director was anxious to let things go smoothly without troubling a bereaved family for extra money or extra details at a difficult time and simply decided to meet the expenses as a professional gesture and as an act of decency.

I have a receipt from the same funeral director signed with paid in full on it.

Then you can either send a ''copy'' of the receipt to the Sols informing them to go ahead and proceed with legal action, OR,

my preferred option send the silly billys 'no debt acknowledged' put the onus of proof firmly back in their court.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387363-You-know-nothing-of-the-Debt-Prove-It-%28Updated-21.04.2014%29

I would love for them to fail in court on the production of the receipt, absolutely ridiculous.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I have a receipt from the same funeral director signed with paid in full on it.

I would want a full breakdown an explanation of how the figure has been arrived at. I would want to know the distances travelled, the means used and receipts.

If it all pans out then you may have to pay – depending on the other documents I suggested above