Marston after ex lodger - help they want to come in house **Warrant Returned**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3465 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i think you are MASSIVELY overplaying this - if the person doesn't live there - then they don't live there.

Marston group bailiffs wear body worn cameras.

the enforcement officers movements are watched by their office.

No EA will risk their job by attempting to force the payment.

they will already see that the notes reflect the person doesn't live at the address.

The OP has stated they have absolutely nothing to hide so if/when they turn up Marstons will be gone in seconds.

renagadeimp - I DO NOT give out bad advice. In this instance The stat dec is a waste of time & money.

this fine will be back with the COURTS as soon as proof has been shown which the OP has already stated he is happy to show.

None of the beliefs held by "Freemen on the land" have ever been supported by any judgments or verdicts in any criminal or civil court cases.

The main thing to do now is to get the bailiff to withdraw. Letting a bailiff inside your home to do whatever they want is a bad idea

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

The main thing to do now is to get the bailiff to withdraw. Letting a bailiff inside your home to do whatever they want is a bad idea

Absolutely, renegade but Marstons are calling for HMCS, not a council so will insist they can force entry in extremis to check room, Showing the council tax bill might work, but if the EA was a certain well known Marstons bully, a Stat Dec would be a necessity. He would have goods belonging to Op away and say go to interpleader. to prove they are not the ex lodgers for sure if allowed in

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I doubt that OP will come back to say what happens. They will just go by what their accountant has told them and it depends on what Marston EA is dealing with it. They will probably want to come into the house to check each room and to look in cupboards and draws. This is not something I would accept, but perhaps the OP is not bothered by this.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I doubt that OP will come back to say what happens. They will just go by what their accountant has told them and it depends on what Marston EA is dealing with it. They will probably want to come into the house to check each room and to look in cupboards and draws. This is not something I would accept, but perhaps the OP is not bothered by this.

They may well be back if they follow the accountant, and it goes pear shaped as in EA Takes control of their goods. On the other hand josephbloggs may be right, it's down to which marstons EA fetches up, that decides what is most effective.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

i think you are MASSIVELY overplaying this - if the person doesn't live there - then they don't live there.

Marston group bailiffs wear body worn cameras.

the enforcement officers movements are watched by their office.

It is correct that they do wear cameras - but it is not correct that they are watched from their office. There is no transmission of any data from the camera to the office. If the office want to see the film then it has to be uploaded from the camera to the office at some later time

Well, my dad went down today to get and file the statutory form, but was told he had to call and make an appointment

He said he called up and the lady he spoke to, said he isn't the one who needs to file the form, but the lodger.

And she supposedly recommended that we let the bailiffs in to prove the lodger doesn't live here.

Bit confusing to say the least.

Affixed is a basic statutory declaration - you just need to put the name (or names) where there are XXX's. Print it off and take to a notary (most solicitors offer this service for £5 or £10 ) make a couple of photocopies of it after it has been notarised and if the bailiff calls again show him the stat dec.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

The court rep is wholly wrong.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

The court rep is wholly wrong.

I don't get it either, my dad however, seems happy with her response, he isn't taking it any further and plans to invite them in.

I've printed off the form a couple of times though and am seeking a solicitor nearby

Thank you all for the advice so far

He said he called up and the lady he spoke to, said he isn't the one who needs to file the form, but the lodger.

Bearing in mind that the lodger no longer lives there and has left no forwarding address, if the lodger is the only one who could fill in the form I trust he asked the court official to suggest how this might be achieved !!!!!!!

On some things I am very knowledgeable, on other things I am stupid. Trouble is, sometimes I discover that the former is the latter or vice versa, and I don't know this until later - maybe even much later. Read anything I write with the above in mind.

Just wanted to post an update.

Sheila from Bailiff Advice helped me by talking to Marston Group on our behalf.

As a result, Marston have agreed to return the warrant and

they're now going to trace a new address for our previous lodger,

before going back to the court.

I just hope, if they draw a blank,

they don't try coming after her here, again!

Many thanks to Sheila.

Just wanted to post an update.

Sheila from Bailiff Advice helped me by talking to Marston Group on our behalf.

As a result, Marston have agreed to return the warrant and

they're now going to trace a new address for our previous lodger,

before going back to the court.

I just hope, if they draw a blank,

they don't try coming after her here, again!

Many thanks to Sheila.

Thank you. I was glad to help and having a copy of the agreement with a new tenant was evidence enough that the previous owner no longer lives at the property.

• Confused 1