Housing Benefit 13 week rule

In A Pickle
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3474 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Wondering if someone can clear this up for me please.

A friend of mine has been off work for 10 weeks (been in work over a year)

Her contractual sick pay will reduce to half of full pay mid Dec, but there is not much poss of her returning to work before mid Jan.

She will not be claiming any benefits (UC, ESA etc) because of her CSP, but will she still be entitled to HB under the 13 week rule? I have seen that this rule is being abolished under certain benefits - especially Universal Credit, but wasn't sure under CSP?

Many thanks

Hi Nys,

The 13 week rule applies to people who have not claimed HB within the past year (i.e peeps who took on their home when they could afford it) My mate had two deps when she moved in (and was working) 1 now left but she has 3 bedrooms for her and a 15 yr old.

Is she entitled to full HB under the 13 week ruke?

Thanks

pickle

I'm a bit hazy on this, but my understanding of the 13 week rule is that it applies to local housing allowance - so for instance the 13 week rule would mean that she would be allowed LHA entitlement (for her area) for 3 beds for the first 13 weeks of her claim which would then drop to two beds.

Of course her income may prevent her getting full or any HB if she is receiving full pay as sick pay, or even half depending on how much that is.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop