M&S staff implied i changed discount stickers - **WON £50**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3473 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Manager reduced a birthday cake to £1.20,

it had a price sticker and relevant barcode sticker added to it.

At the checkout a rather officious food hall assistant walked past,

looked at the cake and said

''I have just reduced that and it was £6.50, no way would we reduce it to £1.20.

She then picked it up, fumbled with the stickers, checked the barcode, muttered under her breathe and said

''I'm not putting up with this'' assistant stood there looking so smug and self satisfied, I had to resist the urge to slap her.

The lady behind me in the queue suggested that the assistant was alluding to the fact that I had swapped stickers to make the cake cheaper.

Said assistant then came back and questioned the manager who by this time had opened the checkout next to us

and in a voice loud enough for all to hear, pointed at my cake and questioned him as to whether he had reduced it, to which he said yes.

I am incandescent with rage and unable to compute in a sane manner as to what I should do.

Any suggestions?

Edited by diabeticguy

complaint to the ceos office.

State what happened, when it happened etc

Attach a copy of the receipt (or provide the transaction numbers if there are any)

Say how you feel their customer service let you down.

Ask them to investigate and do something to make it up to you for the embarrassment etc

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

complaint to the ceos office.

State what happened, when it happened etc

Attach a copy of the receipt (or provide the transaction numbers if there are any)

Say how you feel their customer service let you down.

Ask them to investigate and do something to make it up to you for the embarrassment etc

+1

As I totally agree with the above from SabreSheep.

This is the CEO email address;

marc.bolland@marks-and-spencer.com

I hope at the very least you get a grovelling apology for the appalling way you were made to feel!!

Good luck & do let us know how you get on.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it!!

I spoke to the foodhall manager just now. Apparently the assistant in question has suggested that she has had sleepless nights over the matter, to which I replied, 'I couldn't care less' anyway I have been invited in for coffee and an apology.

Im still not sure i would accept that

Especially as what you discribe the manager was present when it happened.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

The guy who was present at the time was, I believe a supervisor the guy I spoke to today is the foods manager. I don't know if I am being offered anything other than an apology and a free coffee. But he seemed keen that I am left with a better impression of the store than I did three days ago.

This is good news :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D