Got a Job at last!

Gay_guy1986
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3478 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey all,

I have not been on here for quite a while, however I have got good news, I got a Job and this time I am being honest, this is not a lie this time.

All last week Monday to yesterday I have been on training with .

Our Supervisor trained us up on how to use the scanner and to scan items in the warehouse, and we all know now how to use it and its easy, but the big problem is knowing where every numbers and letters are as its massive warehouse, I got a idea where some are but I just hope it doesn't take me long to figure it out.

Anyway, yesterday our supervisor said that he was impressed with us all, he got some good feedback and we all have been taken on, some start today and some start Tuesday, I start Tuesday 25 November at 10.30am - 10.30pm shift, 3 days work and 3 days of.

Going to sign of Job Seekers on Monday, its relief now that I got a job, better then being sit in my flat all the time nothing to do.

But just wondering if you could answer these questions for me?

1. Will Job Centre still pay my Jobseekers as I should have signed on yesterday but I was excluded because of this training, will it still go in my bank on Wednesday 26th even though I am signing of?

2. When do I need to inform my council about changes and will I still be able to claim housing benefit for help with my rent if I am working 10.30am - 10.30pm?

3. I recently got accepted for a budgeting loan and I signed my declaration and I posted it back to them on Tuesday 18 November but since I am signing of Jobseekers on Monday will I still get my budgeting loan or no?

4. If I still get my Jobseekers, will Job Centre release the payment early so I can get some dark clothing for work as I haven't got any dark clothing and I can't buy any till I get paid.

If you can help me with these questions then that would be great, and also I apologise about last time I was on here so please accept my apology.

Edited by antone
Removed employer name

https://www.gov.uk/moving-from-benefits-to-work/support-when-you-start-working

Have a read of section 7 of the link above it deals with financial support in respect of council tax and housing benefits

It might be worth asking at the Job Centre if they will help you with other short term costs associated with returning to work.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

1. If you didn't sign on as normal yesterday, I suspect they won't make any payments - The JCP will record it as a "failure to attend".
  2. You must inform the council of any change of circumstances within a reasonable time - Usually within a week or three. The DWP will automatically tell the L.A. that your JSA claim has ceased, and the council will withdraw all HB/CT benefits unless you tell them that you are on a low income.
  3. Don't know...
  4. Unlikely (see #1). Pay a visit to your local charity shops and see what they have in the way of hard wearing clothes. Take a look in local discount stores for workwear - For warehouse work, it doesn't need to be fancy or smart. Ask the employer for steel toe cap boots/shoes as this comes under the heading of Personal Protective Equipment.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

1. If you didn't sign on as normal yesterday, I suspect they won't make any payments - The JCP will record it as a "failure to attend".
  2. You must inform the council of any change of circumstances within a reasonable time - Usually within a week or three. The DWP will automatically tell the L.A. that your JSA claim has ceased, and the council will withdraw all HB/CT benefits unless you tell them that you are on a low income.
  3. Don't know...
  4. Unlikely (see #1). Pay a visit to your local charity shops and see what they have in the way of hard wearing clothes. Take a look in local discount stores for workwear - For warehouse work, it doesn't need to be fancy or smart. Ask the employer for steel toe cap boots/shoes as this comes under the heading of Personal Protective Equipment.

Like I said, my advisor excluded me from signing on yesterday because I on training, my next appointment is on Monday.