Sueing for Charges lowell owned cat debt

sfuk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3458 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All

Here's one for you. As my catalogue company have applied about 20 £12 charges (over 10 months) to my account and are refusing to take them off can I sue them for money as they have created a liability or do I need to apply for an order telling the company to take them off?

:whoo:Debt Paid £9.99 - Unlawful Debt Removed £51.09 - Total Debt Busted £61.08:whoo:

SFUK vs Jacamo / JD Williams - WON

SFUK vs Vanquis Bank - Ongoing

Tell them that you want a full account for the charges. This means that you want a detailed breakdown of how the figures have been arrived at and how they truly reflect the administrative charges incurred by any late payments.

Point out to them that the figure of £12 was identified by the OFT as a maximum figure after which an investigation would automatically be held. Point out to them that the OFT made it clear that there £12 guide, was just that – a guide figure – and that charges still had to be justified by actual costs.

Warn them that if you do not hear from them within 14 days that we will start a legal action for the recovery of charges.

Don't bluff. If you're not prepared to start small claim, then leave it.

thanks bank fodder. I shall certainly follow through with a claim if they do not respond.

:whoo:Debt Paid £9.99 - Unlawful Debt Removed £51.09 - Total Debt Busted £61.08:whoo:

don't forget to apply their int rate from the date of each charge too

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

its been a while since I reclaimed charges. Do they still fall under the unfair consumer contract regulations?

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone help me with this still. Like i said its been a while.

SFUK

OK Sent an SAR to original Creditor. When I take this to court, do I take the original creditor or the new owner of the debt (lowell)

You sue the orignal creditor

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

• 2 weeks later...

OK Nice one ill get an sar off to original creditor and then start county court action once we have exchanged some kind letters.