Help whith A4E :(

Johnn Davies
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3501 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i am currently on ESA in WRAG and been with A4E since July 2013. I was wondering why on my appointment letters it no longer states that its mandatory does this mean i can now choose to go? just strange it doesn't say its mandatory anymore because i know that's not the case if youre in the WRAG. These guys are no help at all :(

Thanks for reading any help is very much appreciated.

Any mandatory appointment or activity letter should comply with guidance issued by the DWP (Chapter 3a). As you are an ESA claimant, these letters should look similar to the attached templates. Note the following:

Please note that if you do not undertake the activities required in this notification your benefit could be affected.

This activity forms part of your work-related activity action plan.

If this phrase is missing (along with the ESF & JCP/DWP logos), the letter is just an "invite to attend" - It is your decision as to whether you wish to fight a possible sanction by not attending.

Note: Current guidance was updated on Oct. 27th, the template letters have changed slightly... I need to read up on the current documents.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Thanks for your reply.

So my new letters as of two weeks ago no longer comply with those templates you provided. How ever still a bit confused on the matter so if its an invite to attend, doesn't that mean i can notify them i no longer want to partake in work activity's? if i could still get a sanction whats the difference between it being mandatory or invite to attend?

Edited by Johnn Davies

[...] what's the difference between it being mandatory or invite to attend?

Mandatory means you will get a sanction for failing to attend.

Invite means you might get a sanction, but it should be overturned on a mandatory reconsideration (a.k.a. first appeal).

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.