Tesco / BT woes

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3511 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks,

I'm really at the end of my tether. Had an ongoing problem for well over a year now re poor broadband speed. I've complained on numerous occassions to Tesco and lately have been dealing with their head office. My speed has never been great.

We're about 7 miles from Invernes and 3 miles from our exchange ( Croy ). Tesco are blaming BT telling us that we have line noise which we do. We've had numerous engineers out and last month open reach came out after a fault WAS discovered. Open reach told us it's a ground loop noise and it's underground, and they can't trace it. When I reported the latest poor speed to Tesco in September they said we did have a lot of noise and they'd arrange openreach to visit.

After a day & 1/2 openreach said they couldn't trace the problem and the only way it would get sorted would be to give us new phone lines. They said they'd reset the profile at our exchange and the speed went from 300 kbps up to 2mbps within minutes. 2 weeks ago it dropped again, and went down to 100 kbps dropping as low as 30 kbps in the evenings. My neighbour 2 doors down hs BT as his provider and his speed has been as bad as mine.

However, when we've compared reports, his speed is high ( 2mbps ) and mine is low. When mine is high, his is low. Neighbours on my other side are with plusnet and they seem to be at a constant 2mbps day or night. I'm paying £21 for a dial up speed.

I can't listen to spotify never mind watch iplayer, and my wife can only use her tablet for browsing when I'm not online. We are REALLY angry that BT can get away with this. BT now say there's no fault on the line put up or shut up. I'm not going to shut up I want decent broadband. Who the heck can I go to ? :-x

By the way, we have no extensions to our junction box. The router goes directly into the box coming in a few feet away from where I am. I've also tried different routers, cleared browser cache, tried speedtest using linux and all with the same results

Edited by citizenB
formatting

Hi furry

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such. Explain what's happened, how they have let you down and what you want them to do.

Send it to:-

Mr Gavin Patterson

Chief Executive

BT Group

gavin.e.patterson@bt.com

and

Mr Anthony Vollmer

Chief Executive

Tesco Telecoms

anthony.vollmer@uk.tesco.com

Have a look at the companies 'customer charter' on resolving issues.

Contact your local MP ask him to look into the matter, send him copies of the letter. http://findyourmp.parliament.uk/