can my employer tell me not to return to work

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3499 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i had a bad migraine last Monday i phone my works to tell them i wont be in and i will return to work the next day i got a text from my employer saying not to bother coming in for the rest of the week does he have right to do that as i could not afford too take the full week off and was fit enough for work the next day.

What reason did the employer give for refusing to let you return to work?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

none if anyone phones in sick he tells the supervisor if he turns up tomorrow send him home. He dosnt like people taking time off sick.He has just been made manager and it has gone to his head .

as long as they pay you then that is fine but I bet that they dont want to pay you for sitting at home so they will be in breach of your employment contract by locking you out.

Your employment contract will be along the lines of you get paid and they supply work for you to do. If you fail to be available you dont get paid but you were available, they didnt fulfil their part of the bargain to give you work to do

most employment contracts are based around the employer being responsible for giving you pay (And not work) hence why investigatory suspensions have to be paid

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Basic rule - if your employer tells you not to turn up for work then you are still entitled to be paid providing it is for a normal contracted shift and not overtime. If you report sick then you are not.

The exception would be where you are reporting for work against medical advice (so before a sick line expires) or where the employer is entitled to lay staff off

Threaten a claim for Unlawful Deductions and they will pretty soon allow you back to work!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!