do i need to provide a facial photograph to my housing association for tenancy audit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3528 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have you had anything official in writing saying you have to? I'm sure there can't be anything in your tenancy agreement.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks for your quick reply. There is nothing in our tenancy agreement that requires this. We have received a letter to say that the association is visiting all of it's tenants for a tenancy audit and require two forms of identification from each tenant and also will take a photograph of us when she comes on Wednesday.

Thank you in advance.

There's info here in tenancy audits which may explain things better.

http://www.cih.org/resources/PDF/Policy%20free%20download%20pdfs/Preventing%20tenancy%20fraud.pdf

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi and welcome.

As suspected, this is an anti fraud measure being initiated by some councils and housing associations.

This to ensure that you are the person they are allowed to talk to (data Protection Act) and to check that you are not subletting.

There is some detail in this pdf

http://www.cih.org/resources/PDF/Policy%20free%20download%20pdfs/How%20to%20tackle%20tenancy%20fraud.pdf

While it may seem Big Brother is at it again, the housing association has a duty to account for every penny in and out.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Too slow again foxy :oops:

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Reading that link I can't see that you have to allow a photo. If they insist and you don't want it, you could ask what legal requirement there is for you to agree. I may be wrong, but I suspect there's none. Others may be able to provide more informed advice.

Too slow again foxy :oops:

Sunday morning lie-in? :p

Hi

My housing association employee wants to take facial photographs of us for their tenancy audit after 38 years of residence.

Is this allowed?

Thanks for your quick reply. There is nothing in our tenancy agreement that requires this. We have received a letter to say that the association is visiting all of it's tenants for a tenancy audit and require two forms of identification from each tenant and also will take a photograph of us when she comes on Wednesday.

Thank you in advance.

Hello pappay.

Just say NO thank you to them.

As you been living there 38 years your going to have a "Protected Tenancy" and they can't evict you for saying No anyway.

But if your happy for them to take pics, then go ahead !

Up to you ...

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

These days you need 2 forms of ID just to open most savings account.

The LL could require a copy of your passport to verify status under immigration rules being rolled out.

I am just grateful the 'produce on demand UK ID card was rejected, though I do have a voluntary official Citizen Card photo ID, to avoid producing passport etc.

If you want to be difficult, you could ask for HA's Data Protection registration and name of the designated Data Controller before agreeing to taking of your photo IMO.

This could also be due to cases like one near where I live. Young single woman living in 1 bedroom flat getting housing and council tax benefits and say JSA. Woman then meets a man and later moves in with him still claiming benefits for her flat. then later again woman's younger sister moves into flat and does not have to pay rent etc. as already paid by sisters benefits

The younger sister then gets job so is better off with free home and no repairs. If anyone turns up to complete a repair to property then they see a young woman of the same age group all ok.

It's a wonder they don't want more than photo's maybe have us all tagged.

dpick

Kevin Warwick of Reading university wants everyone to be microchipped so all paedophiles, gun nuts and meglomaniac professors can be detained in lifts whilst the police are automatically called.

I diid try it for myself but I found out that I kept playing music through my leg bones every time the door buzzer was pressed.