ANGLIAN Water sewarage charge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3518 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

just hoping someone might be able to help me out here anyway

Been living in a property for around 6 yrs always paid sewerage and water bill sewerage charge was roughly £260 per yr

on talking to a neighbour who has lived here in excess of 15 yrs and we have only just found out,

that we should not be paying the sewerage charge or surface water charge as apparently in the village it all goes out to a drain or somewhere

after asking anglian water they have agreed to drop the surface water charge (they must have looked at sewerage maps )

and have come back and said yes they will not charge us for the surface water

or sewerage But will only backdate to 2013 ???

As per

Thank you for your recent email.

The backdating policy as per Anglian Water to apply the reduction on your account is as follows:

If the property is built after 2000 the customer is entitled to the SWD reduction from their occupation date or 6 years (whichever is later).

If the property built before 2000 the SWD reduction should be applied from 01 April 2013 or the start of occupation date whichever is later.

As your property is built in 1978, which is before 2000, we can apply the reduction only from 1 April 2013 as per policy.

If there’s anything else, please have a look at our website.

You might be able to find what you’re looking for with the help of our virtual assistant Amanda.

You can also call on 08457 919155 or email us at

Regards

Customer Services

Now how can this be correct they obviously know when the property was built

and have obviously looked or know about the incorrect charges that were applied

and my neighbour has also got loads of old bills showing that they knew about this but still charged me ???

Can anyone suggest what i can do ??

please

Has your neighbour always been in the position of not paying?

Then AW owe you a duty of care so the law allows for a total rebate as AW would know

or expect to have known about the lack of connection to a sewer.

In short they are talking rubbish.

You may have to follow their procedures and then go to OFWAT to get the full rebate.

Their quotes would be correct if it was previously unkown that there was no connection or drainage or it would be unreasonable to expect them to know.

I think one of the Site team might have had a similar problem. I will leave a message for them to look in on you.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/legacy/theoneshow/2010/01/is-your-money-draining-away-on.shtml

Have also left a message for Site team member for you.

Edited by citizenB

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi, who did you pay drainage charges to before Anglian ? was it included in your council tax?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Has your neighbour always been in the position of not paying? Then AW owe you a duty of care so the law allows for a total rebate as AW would know or expect to have known about the lack of connection to a sewer. In short they are talking rubbish. You may have to follow their procedures and then go to OFWAT to get the full rebate.

Their quotes would be correct if it was previously unkown that there was no connection or drainage or it would be unreasonable to expect them to know.

that is what it says in there leaflet if they didnt know but as i have bills from neighbour to show that they did know ??