EE broadband trying to overcharge me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3529 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I signed up to EE broadband using a special voucher code that gave me a good discount.

During the telephone conversation with Jenny in South Africa I was informed that an engineer would have to come out.

My landline has been cut off for several years now, but BT didnt have to send anyone out to cut it off. I dont understand why anyone would have to be sent out to switch it back on again? Is this true or a con?

They told me they will charge me £60 for this however that day they were doing a deal and would only charge me £30.

I accepted. They have now sent me out a letter telling me they will charge me £60.

Does anyone have a complaints email address for EE? I am thi.king of pulling out of the contract during my 14 days cool off period, if this is the hassle its going to be.

My landline has been cut off for several years now, but BT didnt have to send anyone out to cut it off. I dont understand why anyone would have to be sent out to switch it back on again? Is this true or a con?

From BT:

"The pair could have been diverted else where or could be disconnected at a PCP (Cab) or DP (distribution point) the drop wire if overhead could be faulty now.

Even if just 300m from the exchange, the pair might have been used as a spare for a faulty circuit. Or as a second line for someone"

So more than likely true.

This is misleading, you could go further and say it's misrepresentation.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/misrepresentation-act-1967

If they can't deliver the offer, then they shouldn't say it, no excuses.

'They told me they will charge me £60 for this however that day they were doing a deal and would only charge me £30.

I accepted. They have now sent me out a letter telling me they will charge me £60'

I'm yet to be connected, ordered over net so email confirmation. This could be why -

"We'll halve your installation charge, saving you £30. The discount will appear on your broadband bill within 30 days of your broadband service being activated."

I think it makes it easier to apply a discount rather than change the price. I'm also with virgin negotiated a price drop on my BB and phone, I am not billed the new price but rather original price plus a discount.