Living way beyond his means.

LesleyG
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3514 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Banging my head on a brick wall here.

My ex is self employed. He owns the business, building, land and has around 6 employees. He lives with his partner who only works 2 to 3 days a week. their house is mortgage paid. They have a car each, numerous holidays, all mod cons and can afford expensive concert tickets.

He only has my son overnight around 3 nights a month, he has never bought him clothes, paid for school trips etc or even attended a parents evening.

As he's told the CSA he pays himself between 0 and £100 a week, he only has to pay me £5 a week.(He does his own accounts).

I know he's lieing but the CSA's hands are tied as he's self employed. I was advised by CSA advisors to appeal via the Gov CSA online re: ex living beyond means. There is absolutely nowhere on the site to do this! I rang the advisors back and even they looked online and agreed. I've sent an email to the site to complain about this problem but haven't heard anything back yet. Has anybody got any ideas or advice?

The CSA say because he is self employed, their hands are tied. They're not allowed to delve. I even spoke to a solicitor who was keen to help until I told him he was self employed....and then he put down his pen and shook his head. Why can self employed men get away with it? It makes me furious! His parents are very well off, her father is always giving them monetary gifts but his son gets a fiver a week maintenance.....not even pocket money. As he does his own accounts, could the Inland Revenue do anything at all?

Yes they can if he's doing a little creative accounting. Put it this way, they would be interested to know how he runs a car, pays a mortgage and holidays abroad on £100 a week. It would be difficult to argue that its all from his partners part time job and they will check her salary.

The CSA say because he is self employed, their hands are tied. They're not allowed to delve. I even spoke to a solicitor who was keen to help until I told him he was self employed....and then he put down his pen and shook his head. Why can self employed men get away with it? It makes me furious! His parents are very well off, her father is always giving them monetary gifts but his son gets a fiver a week maintenance.....not even pocket money. As he does his own accounts, could the Inland Revenue do anything at all?