compersation win and benifits

lenny100
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3539 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my wife may have a compersation win of sevral thousands comeing from a NHS mistratment claim. I claim for her on my ESA but she also recived dla on her own right, as we are both disabled.

I am now worring that we may have to give up our had won benifits as it is very lightly it will be over the £6000 limit sevral times, and even have to pay some of them back, even though she is not claiming any benifits in her name exept dla mid range for care.

Can anybody stear us right if this is the case.

my wife may have a compersation win of sevral thousands comeing from a NHS mistratment claim. I claim for her on my ESA but she also recived dla on her own right, as we are both disabled.

I am now worring that we may have to give up our had won benifits as it is very lightly it will be over the £6000 limit sevral times, and even have to pay some of them back, even though she is not claiming any benifits in her name exept dla mid range for care.

Can anybody stear us right if this is the case.

Benefits are for people who don't have enough money to live on. If you are expecting a huge windfall, then you are no longer entitled to the benefits you are claiming. I doubt you will have to pay anything back. You will just need to tell DWP about a change in circumstances. But if you don't do this promptly, then they may ask you to pay them back and you could get a criminal record and even go to prison.