Suing Solicitors

Gemma.
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3527 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My solicitor screwed up on my conveyance. I was to start a claim for money compensation against them, can I do this as per the normal route for normal people/civil claims or is there some way I must go via the Law Society or the SRA, LO etc first? Or is the Law Society, SRA, Legal Ombudsman separate for matters of conduct etc only?

Have you made a complaint to the Solicitor first ?

In the normal course of things you would make a complaint to the company/solicitor. If no resolution or satisfactory outcome, your choices are then either the Ombudsman or court.

However, I will ask those on the site team with knowledge in this area to look in on your thread.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

In the first instance CB, they can report their concerns to the Legal Complaints Service, which may refer the complaint to the Solicitors Regulation Authority for further investigation. They may be eligible for compensation. If the solicitor has been negligent, then they may also be able to sue the solicitor for compensation separately, through the courts.

This would be a part 8 claim though and not through MCOL but Salford.

Here you go, hope this helps.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I think it is advisable to put a complaint in writing first and then perhaps escalate to the Legal Ombudsman if no satisfactory response is received. You can go to court but it would look unreasonable if you did it without following the normal complaints process first.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

My solicitor screwed up on my conveyance. I was to start a claim for money compensation against them, can I do this as per the normal route for normal people/civil claims or is there some way I must go via the Law Society or the SRA, LO etc first? Or is the Law Society, SRA, Legal Ombudsman separate for matters of conduct etc only?

Hi, can you tell us how exactly your solicitor screwed up please?

Hi I have spoken to him and written to him twice but he just ignores the problem. But that information is just what I needed, so thanks I figured it probably had to be a two pronged approach, civil and regulatory.

Ganymede if I told you exactly what he did then it would be far too recogniseable. It was more the procedure than the action, I hope that's ok.