SAR Received from JD WILLIAMS - is this normal ?

volfilt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3533 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello everyone hope you can help

Ive been a lurker for a while - and been following advice without needing to post anything - so far until now ( thank you to all as you guys are amazing at what you do, especially helping noobs like me ) :smile:

Anyway I had a simply be account and got into some arrears - the original credit limit was £350 but with added charges I ended up paying back over £1200 - have just finished paying the amount back and wanted to claim back admin charges and insurance added on to the account.

Sent away for a SAR with the fee - and have today received a large pack of documents with recordings.

Thing is - the pack seems to literally be loads of screen shots from their system I imagine - and I cannot make heads or tails of it - I was expecting to see copies of collection letters or arrears letters - or statements even notices of defaults but nothing- literally nothing about going into arrears that I can tell is this the usual things they send out ? it is data on purchases etc

How is someone who does not work there suppose to figure this out ?

also the account was opened in 2011 and I have seen in the insurance section of the pack it says - insurance opted out 2012 does this mean that I only opted out of the insurance in 2012?

thanks for your help in advanced

vol

You should have a document detailing all their jargon.

If they havent included it then its not complete.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi and welcome (finally) to CAG

With any SAR, they should include a code sheet to help you understand them. Screenshots are quite normal (it has happened in my case) so long as they are legible.

The account statements should give you some idea of what has been charged. As for insurance, there should be something there to show when it was taken out and when cancelled.

Any letter sent to you from them wouldn't necessarily be included as they tend to be template letters and the account is marked with a code to tell them what letter was sent.

If you feel they haven't fully complied with your request, you can ask them to check.

It may be worth getting a copy of your agreement (if they have it) which would show whether you accepted the insurance. This document is not usually included in a SAR as there is separate legislation to allow you to get a copy.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE