Parking eye and DR+

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3548 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi! Sorry if im repeating anyones thread here, but I am quite confused.

I have received about 4 letters from PE regarding a 'parking charge notice'. I have ignored all of them after speaking to friends who have done the same and heard nothing. I then got a letter from DR+ demanding payment of the unpaid charge. (Which has now risen to £150 instead of the original £60). Am I still doing the right thing in ignoring them even though they are now threatening me with court action? I don't want to damage my credit rating. Should I just pay it to sleep easy?

I parked in a carpark to eat my lunch one day and didnt even think to read the signs. The carpark was practically empty, and I stayed there for 1hr 15mins. After my first letter, I went back to the carpark and there are signs stating a maximum parking (or maybe waiting, can't remeber now, but can get clarification if needed) time of 20mins. My argument, as feeble as it may sound, is: I didn't leave the vehicle, and there were about 30 or more free spaces, so the company were not losing any money in my being there.

Please help me! People keep using lots of abbreviations, and I dont know them all! Lol

Thanks in advance.

Definitely not good advice to ignore now - especially with PE as they issue court claims like confetti hoping for a default judgment

The best advice now is to use the appeals procedure - firstly to PE directly when you receive notification by post and then when they refuse that go to POPLA the independent appeals service.

Having said that, and bearing in mind that you are almost certainly outside of the timescale allowed by the appeals process, your approach should be sightly different - you should still not pay them, and any court claim could be easily defended, but have a read around the forum and look at similar cases and others with better knowledge of PE and their tactics will be along in due course. You could also look at the Parking Prankster website - there is a lot of information there about Private Parking and PE in particular - you will quickly get an idea of what they are like

Don't worry - your credit file cannot be touched UNLESS PE take you to court, AND they win, AND you then don't pay up within 28 days of a case going against you. Before that happens, neither PE or DR+ can put anything on your file.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Parking Charge Notices should not be ignored. With the correctly worded appeal to the PPC and/or the IAS they are easily cancelled.

ParkingEye are the most litigious of the PPCs, but it is by no means certain that anything will come of your situation.

Do not contact DR+.

You can wait and see if you you get a LBA from PE, which should be responded to, to avoid court action.

Or you can send an appeal to PE now, even though out of their appeal window, but may look better to a court.

This may also make PE issue a LBA....

Abbreviations explained;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?168275-Posting-in-this-Forum-please-read

A Letter before action will not come from DR+. It will come from PE.

This should be responded to by the RK naming the driver ( if different from the RK... ), as then the clock resets, and

the appeal process starts from the begining.

Well, the procedures say that you send out a LBA and I suspect that by saying it is a letter before court they are deliberately misusing the terminaology in an attempt to get you to cough up by frightening you into thinking it is something it isnt. PE have a track record of telling lies to both punters and even the courts themselves so it may be a good idea to put the letter up here with your details demoved so we can look at the exact wording.

They have sent out thousands of court claims so they kbnow what they are supposed to do so I am suspicious.