Talk Talk contract fee

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3547 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Folks, just been recommended to ask you guys for advice about my Talk Talk account. I had an ongoing 6 month complaint with Talk Talk regarding their appalling broadband service. Eventually I was upgraded to their best fibre optic speed(up to 70mg) but was still only getting 10-17 mg via their useless wi-fi router. I escalated my complaint to CEO level but didn't get a resolution so I went to bt instead and now have a charge of over £200 for discontinuing my contract. I went to the Ombudsman Service and they were totally on Talk Talks side and said the best they could suggest was a £30 refund for bad customer service but I would have to settle the account. Has anybody been in a similar situation or have a strategy I can follow to progress my complaint?Mark

Dear oh dear, Talk Talk and their abysmal customer service!

It doesn't surprise me with the ombudsman's biased stance.

You could if you wished exhaust the Ombudsman's own complaints system reminding them that this is a service agreement, which TT failed to provide, therefore you

should be at liberty, dependent on the T&C's you signed, to cancel the contract should they fail to provide the service they have promised in the contract.

Have you had a really good look through the T&C's they agreed with you?

P.S. Welcome to CAG by the way :thumb:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I'm having the same issue with Talktalk, broadband keeps disconnecting itself every hour or so. After 2 weeks of complaining they said the had isolated they issue to a faulty router and sent me a new one, surprise surprise I still got the same issue!! Stupidly I still believe them, that it was the router, so last week i purchased a top of the range wireless router (D-Link DIR-850L) but as you can guess the internet still disconnects itself. I was recently with Sky and had no issues with internet what so ever!

Anyway I called again today to again complain and query about cancelling the contract, I was told the same thing; I would have to pay £206. When I tried to argue that they are not fulfilling the contract, they said that I'm not actually paying for the internet and it's complimentary service that comes with the phone line! BS no doubt, I hardly ever use the phone. They had the cheek to ask if I wanted to renew my contract to fiber optic at a cost of £10 extra a month (I currently pay £38 per month). Mark, were you charged for the upgrade?

Hi- I did pay to move to fibre broadband originally yes. The problem I had was consistently low speed via their abysmal wireless router. The Onbudsmen informed me that no supplier is actually obliged to provide a service any better than "old style" dial up speeds due to current legislation of that sector. The wireless performance is not covered and the router is complimentary and under no obligation to actually work!

Well IMO, if the wireless is part of the package and fails to work, then I would be demanding either a rebate, some extra 'perks' or at the very least something in lieu of their failed wireless.

Have you considered trading standards?

After all, unless it is written into the contract what the ombudsman is telling you, then again IMO, this would surely be very poor, or misleading advertising??

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

The wireless performance is not covered and the router is complimentary and under no obligation to actually work!

Interesting, because I have used my own router and the internet still cuts out after an hour or two. They have now agreed to sending an engineer out free of charge as a pose to the £50 they charge. Hopefully he can get it fixed.

I wouldn't mind paying to upgrade to fiber optic but that would mean starting a new contract which I'm not prepared to do, they sooner I'm finished with Talktalk the better.