Savings

Ros1609
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3548 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Was after some advice on savings.

I'm a single mum to two children and I live with them but no partner.

I claim Income Support as a Carer, Carer's Allowance, Housing Benefit, Council Tax Support, Child Benefit and Child Tax Credits.

Both children receive DLA - Middle Rate Care and one gets Lower Rate Mobility. I also get CSA from the kids dad.

I had a phone call from the DWP last week,

they wanted to check the information they had for me was correct.

Lasted about 15-20 minutes and they asked a lot of questions about who lives with me and what we claim etc.

The only question I couldn't answer was how much I had in my bank account as I hadn't checked it that day and wouldn't have liked to have guessed.

Got a letter a few days later saying based on the information I gave the amount of benefit I get won't change.

Today I've had a letter saying I have to send in bank statements for me and my children

I do have some savings in a seperate account.

About £1000.

Obviously I will send in bank statements for that account as well as my current account and the kids savings accounts.

I have nothing to hide but will having that amount affect my benefit?

Edited to say I have always phoned the DWP with any changes to what myself or the kids receive

If your total savings are less than £6000 then your IS should not be affected. HB and CT Support will also be unaffected as you have "passported" entitlement from your IS. The other benefits are not affected by savings at all. Your kids savings shouldn't be counted towards the total, I don't think.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.