BT cancellation woes

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3553 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've just moved house and wanted to cancel BT, the first CS agent hung up (or the line dropped) during the canx questions, the 2nd agent was rude unhelpful, asking umpteen "is there a reason ..." questions even after I'd answered several times and said i refuse to discuss it further. it took a request to speak to his manager before he accepted I could cancel my account and actually did it!!

The information I received was also very inconsistent, on the call I was told I'd have to pay 30 days notice + £30 cancellation fee - which is outrageous (I'm just past the 12 months min term I agreed so that's not early-termination) and I've now received an email saying the service will be stopped in 1 weeks time!

I will be complaining to BT/ofcom though I don't expect any joy there. but surely this is not legal? the £30 termination fee seems shady to start with and making me pay for 30 days then cutting the service in 7 surely must be illegal??

Spleen vented! I'm sure many other providers are no better but that's the last money BT will ever get out of me.

Regards,

Mark