The smear test id medival

SHIRLI
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3555 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I find the test intrusive but without it there would be more deaths.... it is one of these things (like having regular breast checks now my sister has been diagnosed with breast cancer) that we have to have.

If you felt uncomfortable at the time you should have said something, I've had trouble in the past with this test not being able to get enough material but when I went back and saw a different person (I insisted on it - no point the same person trying again when they couldn't do the job properly first time off).

It sounds like the OP has a lot of issues over this test which should be addressed elsewhere by a professional person trained to deal with the heightened anxiety the invasive nature of this test promotes.

My feelings and input in this subject may be viewed as 'biased' by some because I have previously worked in an STD clinic (as an administrator) and have a lot of first hand knowledge of the test and its physicial and psychological consequences, but on reading the article based on the Roche tests I think that there again is some very misleading information there.

The HPV virus is NOT the primary cause of most cervical cancers, it has been identified as a 'pathogen' in the research carried out by drugs companies (therefore they have a vested interest in pre-selecting the background research to support their current research, as well as selecting the candidates for the trials)but no further examples seem to have come to light as to why this virus is present in the first place.

Off my soapbox for now.

Complaining to everyone at the same time doesn't help, you need a structured process - I don't think the OP even mentioned approaching the Nursing and Midwifery Council to check on the status of the nurse in question, that is where I would start.

I''ve complained several times about the appaling service at our local GP surgery, once about a pathetic locum doctor who tried to prescribe statins to me despite me having the lowest possible risk factor (5%), I refused to take them and handed them back to the next GP (one of the regular ones) along with a complaint about the locum and action was actually taken.

You need to break the complaint down to its basic element

Poor professional practice on the part of the nurse practitioner

and remove all the emotional elements from the complaint to make it more manageble for the authorities to deal with in a medical complaint.

Going to the police and complaining about a 'possible intrusive sexual assualt' is not part of the initial process as it is not getting to the root of the issue - a person doing the test has not had sufficient supervisory practice to enable them to safely carry out the procedure in a safe, non threatening manner'.

Complaining to everyone at the same time doesn't help, you need a structured process - I don't think the OP even mentioned approaching the Nursing and Midwifery Council to check on the status of the nurse in question, that is where I would start.

I''ve complained several times about the appaling service at our local GP surgery, once about a pathetic locum doctor who tried to prescribe statins to me despite me having the lowest possible risk factor (5%), I refused to take them and handed them back to the next GP (one of the regular ones) along with a complaint about the locum and action was actually taken.

and remove all the emotional elements from the complaint to make it more manageble for the authorities to deal with in a medical complaint.

Going to the police and complaining about a 'possible intrusive sexual assualt' is not part of the initial process as it is not getting to the root of the issue - a person doing the test has not had sufficient supervisory practice to enable them to safely carry out the procedure in a safe, non threatening manner'.

Or the role of the CCG (too late now!)

Or how to deal with the "you consented, so can't complain" issue (not just "not strictly true" but with the right approach - not true at all). The OP had plenty of chances to accept help but has chosen not to.

But, hey : if you know a bit about "the system" you (apparently) must be part of it and out to defend it against those brave souls who speak the truth and must not be contradicted nor denied (sounds like martyr syndrome!)

Woe betide a contributor if they add to their sins by the heinous crime of being male (as "they could never understand!")

So, don't complain effectively, alienate half of the population, and use the resulting non-upheld complaints as "proof" the system is broken and you have been wronged.

Throw in a bit more misandry and demands for non-existent or less predictive tests : don't produce any supporting evidence for your waffle (Shirli : no sign of that evidence from you, rather than mere anecdote), while shouting down any fact based contributions. Result : one self-fulfilled prophesy - "the world is against me"

CAG is a self-help site. The posters (if they actually want help, rather than to rant, Canute-like, against the tide) need to recognise potential help, and accept it.

This has been a public-service rant on behalf of "factual based CAG posters against misandrist conspiracy theorists"

(FB-CAGP AMCT).

TO ALL POSTERS ON THIS THREAD

thank you all for your input including all scientific evidence

again I must state

I started my complaint with the practice manager 18 months ago he pooh poohed me brushing it away.

I then took my complaint to the next level a local hospital trust which was disbanded two months later, I was advised to take my complain to the then new n.h.s direct which I did, 4 months later I phoned to find out what stage they were with my complaint to be told that I had phoned and dropped the complaint, they could not tell me when and whom I had spoken to.

I have complained to the nursing and midwife council

6 months later I reported this assault to the police and was asked if this assault was sexually motivated I replied " no I do not think it was sexually motivated just common assault " I was told by the police they know this sort of thing happens but as I had signed the consent form there is nothing they can do.

finally sixteen months after the incident I took my complaint to the ombudsman they have agreed to investigate.

I believe I followed the complaints protocol and took a structured approach to my complaint

the nurse who did my test is a mature nurse and has worked for many years in the n.h.s

of course i am angry even after two years this is how seriously this test has affected me i will never allow any body to do that or any other gynaecological examination again.

i am no lightweight female my life has taken to many dangerous and troublesome parts of the world, i do not complain about every little slight against me and thought very hard before starting this complaint i waited three months to allow the emotional part of my experience to subside.

i have had many smear tests in my life ranging from very unpleasant to downright cruel and sadistic

i posted this thread because i believe we have to find a more civilised way to do this test the more women demand it the sooner it will formulated.

A MESSAGE TO ALL MEN POSTING ON THIS THREAD

i do appreciate all input and do think that men are able to empathise with most women's concerns,

though i think it is very hard for them to imagine the real physical consequences of the smear test.

Edited by SHIRLI

the original poster made it quite clear that she did complain starting with the practice manager all the way to the police and the ombudsman.

Yet, complaining in a poorly structured way to inappropriate respondents hasn't helped her to effectively complain.

Ranting here (breaching CAG posting guidelines, identifying individuals when asked not to, alienating males ....) doesn't seem to be working out so well either!

I suggest the OP needs to take a step back, consider how best to get what they want and become more effective at achieving it.

I started my complaint with the practice manager 18 months ago he pooh poohed me brushing it away.

I then took my complaint to the next level a local hospital trust which was disbanded two months later, I was advised to take my complain to the then new n.h.s direct which I did, 4 months later I phoned to find out what stage they were with my complaint to be told that I had phoned and dropped the complaint, they could not tell me when and whom I had spoken to.

If the issue was at the GP's, why is it anything to do with the local hospital trust?

Primary care = GP / PCT or CCG.

Local Hospital trust are secondary care.

NHS Direct was a telephone advice line : it was never intended as a complaints line.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NHS_Direct

I believe I followed the complaints protocol and took a structured approach to my complaint

See above : you think it is structured, but you have gone to the hospitals trust (why?)

You also complained to NHS Direct : which was an advice line for people with symptoms or needing healthcare advice - it was never intended as a complaints service.

No wonder the complaint didn't progress there.

If your complaint had been well structured / focused : you wouldn't have gone down inappropriate routes.

The issues of "gave consent, so can't complain" weren't insurmountable - if approached in the right way, at the time

That horse has well & truly bolted now, so little point in now trying to close that stable door.

A MESSAGE TO ALL MEN POSTING ON THIS THREAD

i do appreciate all input and do think that men are able to empathise with most women's concerns,

though i think it is very hard for them to imagine the real physical consequences of the smear test.

The site team had to unapprove one of your posts. My response to the unapproved post has been re-approved, so is visible again but no longer quotes your post as yours has had to be removed for breaching site guidelines

I think it is clear from my response (made at the time, when your post was visible) that I felt you don't appreciate all input, even if you now state you do! and that you (and a fellow poster) were dismissive of any contribution from a male.

You think you had a reasoned, well structured complaint taken down the right routes : I believe I have shown that wasn't the case.

You think you haven't put off males from contributing : I believe I have shown that wasn't the case.

I don't think your assessment of your actions is as realistic as you seem to feel, and I've explained what I base that on.

Yet, complaining in a poorly structured way to inappropriate respondents hasn't helped her to effectively complain.

Ranting here (breaching CAG posting guidelines, identifying individuals when asked not to, alienating males ....) doesn't seem to be working out so well either!

I suggest the OP needs to take a step back, consider how best to get what they want and become more effective at achieving it.

If the issue was at the GP's, why is it anything to do with the local hospital trust?

Primary care = GP / PCT or CCG.

Local Hospital trust are secondary care.

NHS Direct was a telephone advice line : it was never intended as a complaints line.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NHS_Direct

See above : you think it is structured, but you have gone to the hospitals trust (why?)

You also complained to NHS Direct : which was an advice line for people with symptoms or needing healthcare advice - it was never intended as a complaints service.

No wonder the complaint didn't progress there.

If your complaint had been well structured / focused : you wouldn't have gone down inappropriate routes.

The issues of "gave consent, so can't complain" weren't insurmountable - if approached in the right way, at the time

That horse has well & truly bolted now, so little point in now trying to close that stable door.

The site team had to unapprove one of your posts. My response to the unapproved post has been re-approved, so is visible again but no longer quotes your post as yours has had to be removed for breaching site guidelines

I think it is clear from my response (made at the time, when your post was visible) that I felt you don't appreciate all input, even if you now state you do! and that you (and a fellow poster) were dismissive of any contribution from a male.

You think you had a reasoned, well structured complaint taken down the right routes : I believe I have shown that wasn't the case.

You think you haven't put off males from contributing : I believe I have shown that wasn't the case.

I don't think your assessment of your actions is as realistic as you seem to feel, and I've explained what I base that on.

GOOD EVENING bazzaS

thank you for your opinions.

GOOD EVENING bazzaS

thank you for your opinions.

You are welcome : I hope you can see why I hold those opinions from the explanation.

yes I do have cites to peer reviewed sources to support my contentions and will include as soon as I have located them

If you know of the cites (rather than inventing their existence) it shouldn't take much effort to produce them.

Are you planning on producing them, and if so, when?

Science : the only religion that works, even if you don't believe in it!

You are welcome : I hope you can see why I hold those opinions from the explanation.

If you know of the cites (rather than inventing their existence) it shouldn't take much effort to produce them.

Are you planning on producing them, and if so, when?

GOOD EVENING AGAIN bazzaS

you are nothing more than a bully bombarding this thread with incorrect info not unlike the people I have had to deal with since starting with my complaint. you are incorrect in many of the facts about the correct complaints protocol. I have taken nearly two years to go down the correct route.

you can bombard this thread as much as you like, have you read your petulant posts.

I WILL NO LONGER REPLY OR READ YOUR POSTS I HAVE HEARD IT ALL BEFORE.

bI have been dealin g

GOOD EVENING AGAIN bazzaS

you are nothing more than a bully bombarding this thread with incorrect info not unlike the people I have had to deal with since starting with my complaint. you are incorrect in many of the facts about the correct complaints protocol. I have taken nearly two years to go down the correct route.

you can bombard this thread as much as you like, have you read your petulant posts.

I WILL NO LONGER REPLY OR READ YOUR POSTS I HAVE HEARD IT ALL BEFORE.

bI have been dealin g

So : you don't have cites / supporting evidence?.

You say your complaint technique was correct but when challenged (vis : primary care vs secondary care, NHS Direct as a complaint mechanism vs. an advice source) can't back up your falsehoods

Compare and contrast : I have justified my comments, and / or linked to evidence.

You post how you have cites : but can't produce them.

You may even have had a justifiable complaint initially (who knows, it's hard to tell if you have made up about having cites : what else might you have made up?

That is the problem with being caught in a falsehood)

Even if you initially had a justifiable complaint : I can't see how you'll get anywhere with your non-justifiable / illogical approach

You can stick your fingers in your ears and repeat "la-la-la, I'm not listening" but who are you kidding?

Likely yourself only (+/- others who have already bought into your fallacies and are immune to facts, evidence and logic)

So : you don't have cites / supporting evidence?.

You say your complaint technique was correct but when challenged (vis : primary care vs secondary care, NHS Direct as a complaint mechanism vs. an advice source) can't back up your falsehoods

Compare and contrast : I have justified my comments, and / or linked to evidence.

You post how you have cites : but can't produce them.

You may even have had a justifiable complaint initially (who knows, it's hard to tell if you have made up about having cites : what else might you have made up?

That is the problem with being caught in a falsehood)

Even if you initially had a justifiable complaint : I can't see how you'll get anywhere with your non-justifiable / illogical approach

You can stick your fingers in your ears and repeat "la-la-la, I'm not listening" but who are you kidding?

Likely yourself only (+/- others who have already bought into your fallacies and are immune to facts, evidence and logic)

you are a bully bazzaS and I am not suprised she is not interested in your childish rantings,

you are a bully bazzaS and I am not suprised she is not interested in your childish rantings,

Ranting? I'm the one using justification & explanations.

You both have appeared "anti-male" and ignored the science.

Bullying? I've pointed out scientific fact, or justified my opinion.

Disagreeing with someone and highlighting the flaws / contradictions in their position isn't the same as bullying.

It's easier to cry "bully" than it is to use facts, science or logic to defend an indefensible position.

I can see 2 uncommon "grammatical error" and "posting style" similarities shared between "ALIGRUBS" and "SHIRLI" : are you perhaps related ?

Ranting? I'm the one using justification & explanations.

You both have appeared "anti-male" and ignored the science.

Bullying? I've pointed out scientific fact, or justified my opinion.

Disagreeing with someone and highlighting the flaws / contradictions in their position isn't the same as bullying.

It's easier to cry "bully" than it is to use facts, science or logic to defend an indefensible position.

I can see 2 uncommon "grammatical error" and "posting style" similarities shared between "ALIGRUBS" and "SHIRLI" : are you perhaps related ?

and I am another poster that will be ignoring you childish rants.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3555 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks