north kesteven CTAX and bristow and suitor

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6422 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had fees for £135 they have charged for 2 visits, a levy fee a walk in possession and redemtion fee. Also the council tax bill is too much because i should get single person reduction and disabled reduction but the council havn't sorted this out yet. They are also telling me i have only 6 months to pay which means paying over £200 a month wich i simply cant afford what can i do? I am living on child tax credits and DLA how can they do this?

HSBC - 11/9/06 - prem letter sent

19/9/06 - lba sent £3391 requested

5/10/06 - MCOL

17/10/06 - offer for £1600 on one account recieved

28/11/06 - Full offer recieved

Capital one - 13/9/06 -letter asking for statements sent

17/10/06 - prelim sent for £640

Lloyds TSB - 13/9/06 -letter asking for statements sent

17/10/06 - prelim sent fro £732

Lloyds TSB - 26/9/06 - prem letter sent - £391

hi

i have phoned again and they are adament that the debt has to be paid with in 6 month. As i have no way whatsoever of doing this is there anything i can do? i have offered them an arrangement but they are not budging.

Did you allow the Balliff over your door allowing him to levy goods.

Hello everyone I'm a newbie to this forum, or any forum come to that, so be patient with me as I have alot of unanswered questions that I wish to find the truth about.

These include bank charges, what my rights are and how I can go about my business without getting ripped of by the banking system and others.:confused:

hi

i have phoned again and they are adament that the debt has to be paid with in 6 month. As i have no way whatsoever of doing this is there anything i can do? i have offered them an arrangement but they are not budging.

Who did you phone? The bailiffs will lie just to get the money so take it to the council. Failing that try the citizens advice bureau or even your MP.

Hi

i have tried the council and they say that it is too far down the line for them to take the debt back, so i have rang the bailiffs back and they are adament that this needs to be paid in 6 months but will not tell me what happens if i dont. I am now doubly worried because i let the bailiff in in the first place so now he can come in whenever he wants??

i really dont know what to do with this

5/10/06 - MCOL

Which Local Authority and also what is the name of the bailiff company. if you dont wish everyone on here to know....please PM me.

Have you made an application to the local authority for single person/disability etc, because if you have, then I am surprised that they have not pulled the case back from the bailiffs.

It is not usual that the bailiff will allow such a long period to pay the debt, 3 months would be maximum. 6 months is good, but if you cannot pay that is just crazy. In the first instance you simply must write, not phone the relevant council and request that the case is immediately returned as the amount being requested is not at present correct because of adjustments that may arise once the appliaction for single person etc is completed.

Finally, are you receiving any benefits....if so, then the local authority are able to arrange for council tax to be deducted at source at an affordable rate of £2.90 per week.

This can only be done when receiving the following benefits: Job Seekers Allowance, Pension Credit & Income Support.

When writing a letter, please remember to keep a copy.

Hi the local authority is north kesteven and the company is bristow and suitor. I have now made an application for single person and disability which have both been given. i have written to the council and they say:

I am writing in response to your e-mail dated 2/11/06 requesting that the balance outstanding with Bristow & Sutor is returned to NKDC for collection, as you feel they should not have entered your house due to the fact that you are a single parent with a disabled child.

I understand that Bristow & Sutor have responded to this e-mail advising that they have acted within the law in respect of collecting the Council Tax on our behalf.

The debt was passed to Bristow & Sutor as the efforts made by this Council to collect it were unsuccessful, and unfortunately due to the stage and action that has been taken by the bailiffs I am not prepared to intervene. I would advise you to contact them direct as a matter of urgency in order to resolve this matter.

I do not get any of the benefits you mentioned i get tax credits, carrers allowance and DLA for my son. the payments they want over 6 months is about £240 per month which like i said wouldnt just leave me short i would not begin to find it.

5/10/06 - MCOL

I notice that you have now applied for single parent, disability etc. Did you ensure that you asked for this to be backdated. You can request that this can be for a maximim of 12 months....you will need a good reason why you did not claim sooner, in this it is worth saying that you were unaware of your rights.

I would persit with the local authority. There is currently a Code of Practice that the local authorities should adhere too. This was published 9 years ago and has not yet been updated. However there is a consultation document entitled "Model Code of Practice for the Management of Bailiffs Employed by Local Authorities. In this there is a section on Vulnerable Groups, and I would say that your case should qualify.

It states that local authorities should give careful consideration to the following:

The menatally disabled

Debtor or debtors partner is suffering a long term illness.

Persons of fragile health due to old age or disability

The recently bereaved

In the last weeks of pregnancy

Unemployed

Where council tax benefit, or housing benefit application has not yet been decided

single parents where ther appears to be financial hardship

The welfare of young children might be at risk from exercising distraint.

Built into most contracts with bailiffs are variations on the above. The problem that my company see all too often is that local authorities are seeing bailiff action as a first resort...not a last resort. In vulnerable cases, these should have been identified sooner and kept in house.

Therefore I would persit and certainly ask that all action is at least frozen until such time as a decision has been taken on your application.

Good Luck.

Hi

herbie i cannot post any privite messages your mailbox is full. The company are refusing to tell me the name of the bailiff have visited and i aggreed to pay over 3 months although i dont know how. I have to make the first payment on my crdit card and when she told me that in that case there is a 4% charge i told her it is ridiculas and she said well you can pay by check. I told her this was impossible as regardless of what they think i still have to feed my children this month. She then said that she will not make the aggreement as I have been rude they payment is due immediately or bailiffs will take my goods and hung up. I am so peed off with this how come everyone else has till april to pay their bill and they can demand mine now because they say im rude?

5/10/06 - MCOL

O i forgot to mention two of the things the bailiffs are taking are my dining table and my 3 piece suite. Whats worrying me is that my son is disbled and it is impossible for him to sit on the floor and get up from the floor so god only knows how i would cope without thesehih

5/10/06 - MCOL