What is the legal position on requiring a tracker device to be installed in a private vehicle?

Chezod
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3574 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My dad works for a distribution company but is self employed (he is also carries out other work which they are aware of).

He has recently received a letter advising him that he is now required to have a tracker fitted to his van (which is privately owned and insured) and that he is to purchase this himself. This just doesn't seem right, especially as he carries out work for more than one employer. I certainly don't think it is right that he would have to pay for this himself if it is a company requirement.

Does anyone know what the legal position is on this?

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to give.

Thanks

Chez

It's all depends on how you look at it.

1st off I be asking for their Tracker policy and be asking why are they fitting Trackers.

If you feel its an invasion of privacy you could could use the article 8 of the Human rights act, but most employers fit a privacy switch to get round this.

Good luck got to go !!

Abbey Settled 3,600:cool:

Just started battle with

EGG

Virgin CC

Abbey

MBNA

They can track all your movements down to the last yard with a Tracker. They will know how long you stopped for a tea break or whether you are falsifying mileage. Definitely an invasion of privacy on a private vehicle. On a company vehicle I guess it would be acceptable.

My mother works for family mosaic which is a company that provides health care to people that come out of hospital. She drives her own car to patients, and has to take her work provided mobile phone with her, which has an active tracker on it. As far as I know, she is perfectly allowed to turn off the phone (and tracker) when she finishes work.

IF you get a tracker installed, make sure you get a switch installed with it.