dlc and others chasing old MBNA debt with no CCA return.please.

Dot1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3550 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning,

I just would like to share this with you and see what your opinions are on it.

Background is that I had an MBNA Credit Card and ran into financial difficulties after loosing my job.

The agreement was then terminated and later on sold to DLC/ Hillesden Security.

They put me under a lot of pressure and we agreed on a monthly installment payment.

That arrangement worked from about 2006 to late 2009.

At the time, I had come across CAG and was dealing with other debts which I had with other companies. .

During this period, they were increasing the installment every now and then.

With the knowledge I acquired from CAG, I then decided to send them a CCA request in 2009

which they failed to comply with.

Then I sent a SAR in 2010, again they only provided some junk piles.

I sent them A/C in dispute letter in 2010 too and

they wrote back to me three times stating that they were following up my request

for a copy of original CCA from MBNA and will be forwarded to me as soon as it becomes available.

I wrote and informed them that I knew nothing about that debt

and would stop paying the installment until they comply with request.

I did stop paying them in late 2009.

A few other companies contacted me around the same time and informed them

that the account was in dispute and never heard from them since.

DLC sent me Notice of Sums in Arrears twice in 2011

also received a Door Step Collection letter from ScotCall.

They then went quiet until beginning of this month,

they started calling daily despite sending them letter in the past asking

them to only communicate with me in writing but not to phone me.

I refused to answer any of the security question and asked them to write to me regarding

whatever inquiries they were making then I will respond accordingly.

Now, after reading some of the threads about them lately,

I am very worried that they could be up to something.

I noticed that they acquired a few judgement by default

.Can someone advise on what step to take to prevent them from sneaking behind my back?

Sorry for making it very long.

Thank you and I wait eagerly to hear your opinion. DOT

if they are writing to you at the address you are at now

they cant get a CCJ by the backdoor

if you wish

you could send them a copy of their letter back on XXXX

which states they could not or have not

yet got the CCA from MBNA.

that should stop them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks DX,

Nice to hear from you and hope you are doing well.

I will do that and hope that will help. As I mentioned, their last communication in writing was in early 2011 then followed by the recent phone calls.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Update:

I wrote to DLC and enclosed two copies of their letters where they stated that they were following up my request

for a copy of original documentation with MBNA and when it becomes available, they will forward a copy to me.

These letters were sent in October and November 2010.

I also stated that the account went in dispute in 2009 and remains in dispute to date as they fail to comply with my request.

Below is their reply:

Thank you for your correspondence dated 20 August 2014, regarding the above account.

Could you please confirm what the dispute is that you refer to?

After reviewing the above account we can confirm that you made a request under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (CCA).

We supplied you with copy of your Agreement including Terms and Conditions, along with a Statement of Account, on 03 February 2010,

which fulfilled your request.

We also note that these documents were sent to you again on 30 June 2010.

You later made a request under the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA), on 07 June 2010.

We fulfilled this on 03 June 2010, when we supplied you with all documents that were sent under you CCA request

along with copies of our system notes relating to your account, including a list of abbreviations

and a statement of account since we acquired the account.

We received a letter from you dated 10 January 2011, informing us that we haven’t complied with your DPA request.

We responded that day informing you that we have supplied all documents that were available to us,

and anything further would need to be requested from the original lender MBNA Ltd.

Further to this you wrote to us again on 10 February 2011 stating that we haven’t complied with your DPA request.

We supplied you with all the documents again on 18 February 2011.

We can confirm that the current outstanding balance is £4---.—

Yours sincerely,

Data Controller

Compliance Team

Telephone: 0844 980 1608

Yes, we have been playing this game now for quite a while.

They did send some papers in response to my requests plus what appears to be a copy of my application forms

and what they claims to be T&C with my Name & Address inserted on it.

It looks like they got some Terms & Condition and put them together and inserted my details on and are now claiming that it is the original.

There is no DN, NOA, Termination Notice and I would also say there is no CCA.

Could someone have look at “CCA” and T&C?

“IF” it is CCA, does it comply with the requirements?

As for their reply, is it not their responsibility to provide any information requested?

Finally, how do I deal with the last letter as I am not sure of their next step.

It is worrying they were quiet for about 4 years 8 month

and all over certain they have become very aggressive.

Will upload the docs shortly.

Thanks

you have to PDF your pages please

put them all in a multi page word doc

then pdf that

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

HOW TO UPLOAD DOCUMENTS / IMAGES ON CAGicon IMMEDIATELY YOU DO NOT NEED 10 POSTS

IMPORTANT To protect your IDENTITY and ensure you remain ANONYMOUS on CAGicon you must ensure that you REMOVE all Personal Information including Barcodes, Names, Addresses etc

ENSURE: To leave all Monetary Figures and Dates.

DO NOT USE A BIRO, PEN, SEE THRU TAPE OR LABELS TO EDIT THE INFORMATION

1. SCAN YOUR DOCUMENT

- Set your default scan page size to A4 less than 300 DPI (150 will do)

- Scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture (jpg) file

- Don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

- If you have multiple scans/pictures please put these into a WORD DOC first ensuring you have removed all Personal Information before converting to PDF.

- IPHONE ONLY: Take a picture and Convert to PDF via an APP

2. HOW TO EDIT (Remove Personal Information)

- Do this using MSPAINT.EXE or any Photo Editing program and ensure to save the document.

3. HOW TO CONVERT YOUR DOCUMENT TO PDF

- If you have OFFICE installed this has an installable PRINT to PDF option so use this and save as PDF.

- If you have PDF as an installed driver use this program and save as PDF.

OR Go to one of the many free online pdf converter websites:

- http://freejpgtopdf.com/

- http://www.convert-jpg-to-pdf.net/

- http://www.freepdfconvert.com/

- http://www.pdfmerge.com/

- http://www.primopdf.com/

PLEASE REMEMBER: It would be better to upload a Multi-page PDF rather than multiple Single PDFs.

4. BEFORE UPLOADING YOUR DOCUMENT ON CAG

- Logically Name your PDF File so Users know what it is. DO NOT NAME YOUR FILE USING BANK NAMES OR CAG IN THE TITLE

- For Example: Default Notice DDicon-MM-YYYY.

IMPORTANT To protect your IDENTITY and ensure you remain ANONYMOUS on CAG please ensure that you do a final check that all Personal Information including Barcodes, Names, Addresses etc. are REMOVED before carrying out the NEXT STEP

5. HOW TO UPLOAD YOUR DOCUMENT ON CAG

- In your Thread/Post open a new msg box here.

- Click 'Go Advanced' below the msg box.

- Click 'Manage Attachments' below that box.

- Click the 'Add Files' button on the top right.

- Click 'Select Files', navigate to your file(s) on your PC.

- Click 'Upload Files'.

- You DON’T have to put a link to the attachment in the msg box just upload it ……… JOB DONE

- You can click on your links to check them too!!

and they

is that everything you were sent, cant see the prescribed terms for the original agreement (from 04)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

all docs merged to post 9

in one multipage doc

and they

Morning,

May I have your opinions about the CCA and T&C in post 9 please? I would like to respond to the last letter from DLC which claims that they have fulfilled their obligation and supplied everything but not sure of how to address it. Your guidance is very much appreciated. Is this agreement enforceable? If not why not?

Thanks for you help.

As things stand they have not fulfilled your CCA request.

For your original agreement conditions 1,2 and 3 the

Interest rates , credit limits etc are not present so s78(6) would apply

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

theoldrouge,

Thanks for your respond. I think I will not respond to their letter and let them work out what to do. They know very well that they have not fully complied yet they continue to push their luck. The account has been in dispute since late 2009 and come end of this year it will become SB. I do not think they will take the matter court as they have not since 2006-7. If they had everything, they would have done that by now. I think.

Hi,

Just wondering, looking at page 3-8 of the attachment, will that not fulfill the conditions 1,2 and 3? Just thinking.

As things stand they have not fulfilled your CCA request.

For your original agreement conditions 1,2 and 3 the

Interest rates , credit limits etc are not present so s78(6) would apply

No the t&cs following your ap form are not the t&cs from 09/03

Hi, I am new to these forums so here goes. In February I received a statutory demand from connaught/1st credit and I replied within the time frame requesting a true copy of the original CCA. Within 12 days they sent me a letter acknowledging my request and said they will forward all documentation to me when they have compiled it. 6 months later (this week) I received an envelope containing statements and what looks like to me a botched up CCA with no signature of mine on it, just my name and address and T & C's. I really dont know where to go from here. If anyone can offer a little advice on what to do next it would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Hi, I am new to these forums so here goes. In February I received a statutory demand from connaught/1st credit and I replied within the time frame requesting a true copy of the original CCA. Within 12 days they sent me a letter acknowledging my request and said they will forward all documentation to me when they have compiled it. 6 months later (this week) I received an envelope containing statements and what looks like to me a botched up CCA with no signature of mine on it, just my name and address and T & C's. I really dont know where to go from here. If anyone can offer a little advice on what to do next it would be really appreciated.

Thanks

hi ya

you need to start a new thread

of your own please

dx

and they

Hi harveypart1, Welcome to CAG.

For you to get proper help, you need to start your own thread and post the CCA and other communication you received on the forum and it will be studied and you should will get a good advise on what to do next. Please remove all your personal details and a/c nos etc. More details will be required too as what you posted above is just part of what went on. You will have to start from the beginning. ie Who was the Original creditor, Was it loan or Credit card and when was it taken followed by what happened etc... Please refer to post #9 on this thread to remove your details and post on the site.

Thanks

Just an update to harassment letter (phone calls) I sent to DLC. Please see attached their reply. Just wondering, why should there be need for me to be in communication with them yet there is no business among ourselves. They have failed to provide me with any proof that the debt is mine or their entitlement. They failed to provide the CCA and yet they are asking me to tell them what the dispute is about. How do I deal with this? Any suggestions?

Thanks

I am not sure what they are upto since the debt is almost becoming SB. What is worrying me is that they were quiet for over 4 years and all over sudden they have started chasing very aggressively despite not complying with my CCA and SAR request.

It's a last ditch attempt.

My wife has a debt with DLC and it's due to be barred in a month or so and they are desperately calling the house twice a day trying to get her. Every time I tell them to wait while I fetch her and leave them muted on the hook. They wait about 2 mins before giving up, they are a sucker for this every time! They will never learn.