Capital One/Capquest/Lowell

lowwill
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3562 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you both so very much Despite all the help I have had on this forum and even the two successes I'm feeling quite vulnerable at the moment. Divorce nearly through, but I'm off the anti depressants, not sure for how long but I'll try. Now has a letter from S R J Debt Resources which IO thought this forum had helped me resolve many months ago. I'll post it on a new thread later. Once again thank you.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in real trouble now so please can someone help me. As can be seen above I have always written to Capital One and their two associates who also recently wrote to me. Now I work in a call centre and how anyone knows where I work is beyond me but my phone went today I answered and it was a recording from someone called Capquest. The gist of it was if I do not call them they will keep calling my workplace. I cannot afford to lose this job, I'm nearly 65 and will not get another one, Can anyone tell me please how I can stop them calling my work. They do not have my mobile or my new home number. Please help me.

Hi Lowwill,

I would be very interested if anyone comes along with some suggestions, I too am getting daily calls at work despite my boss telling them it is a business number and not appropriate to call!

I have sent the telephone harassment letter from the library but they do not believe they are!

Currently awaiting SAR which was requested end of September and have just had a letter asking for my signature, never asked for it before, more delaying tactics.

There is a group complaint on here which may help, I was waiting for SAR response before proceeding.

Was just going to post link, but see you are already there!

Good Luck

Hi lowwill,

Have just read this thread in it's entireity and for starters CAP1 should never have sold this debt on as it was in dispute by virtue of two useless bits of paper they stupidly call agreements.

You have had some good advice on the other thread so I would advise you to follow that but if you haven't done so, go through all the paperwork associated with this case, make bullet points of the facts and then bring in your MP and your MEP, they are paid by the taxpayer so get them to do some work on your behalf (for a change) Don't forget to include the issue of how this is affecting your mental health

Capquest can do nothing apart from threaten you. If they tried to take this to court, you would have a valid defence.

You could raise a formal complaint with them.

On a personal note, if you feel you're not coping too well, stuff the stiff upper lip and go back to see your doctor.

fox

• Haha 1

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

silverfox1961, thank you. As always sage advice and always there. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your strength. I will endeavour to follow that which you advocate. I've started tonight with a letter to them all as described on the other thread.

And will follow tomorrow with copies to them all of the letter I will send to my MP and MEP and then follow up to them all with a formal complaint. You have woken in me something that says give them what they give us. A stream of things to contend with. Hope I've got the strength. Once again thank you.

Well it seems I'm now part of the Cap Quest outfit, a letter arrived today. As I've said on the Capital One - Group FOS Complaint thread I'm getting too tired and too old. It is really getting to me now. But thanks for reading and for your advise.

CapQuest121109089.jpg?t=1258046024

Again, another DCA passes the buck cos they can't do anything to you by virtue of NO VALID CCA.

A bemused letter should be winging it's way to these muppets:

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/574-letter-when-account-has-been-passed-on-whilst-agreement-request-is-in-dispute

I would also put on the bottom of your letter that if it is their intention of collecting your doorstep, it weighs in excess of 1 ton so they will need to send more than one of their weedy little nerds. :rolleyes:

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

I'm really feeling left out here, I have still not been passed to a DCA, after I went out and brought a colour CCTV camera with sound and hooked it up to a VCR and its pointing down at the car, but it also covers the front door and it records all the time, with time and date stamp as well. Oh dear suppose I will have to wait a bit longer for them, they gone very quiet on me since they sent me the last (what they think ) signed agreement... not very convincing though....

Nice to hear from you Fox, everything ok I hope...

Keefy (:-)The "Moaner":rolleyes:)Boy

Prepared to take on anyone until I win...................

Hi Keefy, hadn't seen you round much. I'm good at the moment. Purely steroid good though. As soon as I reduce my dose I'll get ill again:mad:

You don't want to feel left out really. Bloody mindedness is one thing but with poor health, it takes its toll.

Hope you are likewise good.

Cheers dood!!

fox

Thanks guys for the uplift attempt. Sorry you are not too well Silverfox, I see you are in continent, if ever you are passing just drop by.

Was that an attempt at humour? in-continent-passing? well it made me laugh:D

Been ill for far too many years to worry about it now. Still have good days and bad days.

Hope you got the PM I sent you t'other day

Fox, I might not feel the best but I hovering around....

LowWill,

I know this isnt easy to do, but ignore the bugg**s, all they are doing is getting at you mentally, as has been said above, they should not have sold your account on to a DCA, while they are in dispute, and they know it, but they flowt the laws so much and get away with it all the time, I put in a 3 complaints to the FSA, one they sent a pile of papers from Crap1 had sent them to say "Well we have sent you all the documentation" when checking through, they were statements (with 2 yrs missing I might add) and a "Supposed" copy of my agreement, which was a photocopy of the application form, NO agreement and the FSA fell for it, they said I had no grounds for a complaint. Next the second complaint went to then on the same date the first one did, I have had acknowledgement of it and that's it, and the third one, I had a phone call the other day from the FSA and asking certain questions about my complaint which I answered and I have heard stuff all else. They say they are an indepenant organisation, but why keep saying that Crap1 have complied and close the case, isn't a multitude of complaints ringing alarm bells to them, telling them that maybe they are NOT complying with the rules AGAIN.

They were fined a few years back for not following the rules..... but they still appear to be doing the same thing again....

So don't get worried about these so called threats they are just trying to worry you into paying it, but in the end they KNOW they haven't got an agreement that they can produce in court and several CAGGERS on here have found out by taking them to court.

We all get down, I have been the same because something nasty happened with my finances a few weeks back, and now we don't even have enough to feed ourselves each month and thats the figures that the government say we should be able to live on !! and its a Government department that has done it.

Now I'm feeling a bit better about it and working out our finances we have the princely amount of 35p to pay all our debtors, and I can see some sh*t flying then when they aint getting nothing. My other half is doing a letter to each one enclosing a copy of ourt finances and asking them to write the deby off..... miracles do happen sometimes, but not my way, we will wait and see what happens, and polish my shoes ready for my first court appearance, suit don't fit now so it will have to be the raggist things I can find...

Keep yer head up mate and keep saying to yourself, "I am right and I know it, I wont let them get to me" and don't forget we are all here to help each other.

• Haha 1

silverfox, yes it was a stab at humour, not sure what came over me but I'm glad you took it in good part. Sorry you are ill but my message to keefyboy below relates to you as well. Not sure about the PM though.

keefyboy thanks for the chin up, much appreciated. If there is anything I can do just try and get hole of me. I'm ex-service and if I've learnt anything in65 years, it is that together we stand we asre invincible but some times as you know we lets our heads drop a little.

Edited by lowwill
spelling

I know exactly how you feel, and I am also ex service and fire and police, so I have learnt a few bits here and there and why do you think my OH made me put my middle name "The Moaner" it gets results, stand up for our rights is what I say....

I joined the NHS trust a few weeks back and went to my first meeting, there were a few newbies there and most of us finished up on one table, and between us (I was nominated to be the speaker) we have rocked the boat big time, I mean big big time, they were not expecting this, they thought they were getting another bunch of people who will nod their heads in agreement, wrong, The Moaner is here look out!!

Keefy,

I joined a panel run for the BBC a few months back and I'm sure they were expecting some yes people. OOPS :D

Whoops, sorry. Getting old I suppose. Trouble is when the senile dementia kicks in so does the alzheimers.:-)

Hey guys I was feeling so down when I first posted tonight and now look what you have all done. Thank you.

Edited by lowwill
symbol

The second sign is when you do what the OH says, been there well on my way to 3rd, anyone know where I can get a straight jacket ???

I have received a letter from CapQuest that I just do not know what to do with. For every letter I've received from them over the last ten days I have been sending two or three Account in Dispute letter by recorded post. So they have had five from me now. The theory is that I can bombard them with rubbish the same as they do me. But this letter arrived today and was not what I expected. Any views guys please?

CapQuest161109090.jpg?t=1258390827

Well I know what I would do with it, but I can't say on here 'cause they would ban me forever.......

but truthfully LowWill, you Can't afford to keep sending them Recorded delivery letters, They CAN, so don't waste your time with this one, just put it with all the other letters you have pertaining to Crap1and keep it ready in case they do decide to take you to court (which I very much doubt they will ) but if they do then they can explain to the court WHY they kept doing this harressment, because thats what it boils down to, they are doing whatever they want, with total disregard to any rules or regulations that are set by the FSA or anyone else. Just keep it, there is not a reply to send for it.

KB