Huge differences in credit scores

Lou
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3589 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone tell me why there is such a huge difference in my credit reports regarding credit scoring please? Experion have me listed at a high "Good" and Noodle give me 1 out of 5!

I have 2 outstanding Barclays debts left after years of "sorting" others out. One a current account of £450 and the other a Loan for approx £1200 the latter not paid due to Barclays helping themselves to proceeds from my current account for "charges" on said account which had been dormant for years.

They had unbeknownst to me decided to invent an overdraft on the current account which I never used, because of some sort of "change of use" policy they implemented so this amount is all bank charges increasing at the last glimpse at £22 per week!!!! Spoke to them years ago without success and as the 2 accounts will be SB next year decided to let them stew.

Nothing else negative showing on Noodle except that I do not have any borrowings (I thought that was the whole idea when getting out of debt!) and my existing current account/cell phone account etc all squeaky clean except no overdraft/credit cards or loans which seem to give you a better credit rating.

I am hoping to get approx £2000 0% credit for eye surgery soon and I will be gutted if I am turned down over this.

Anyone know what is going on?

The agency credit scores pretty much have zero relevance to lenders. It's a money making ploy by the credit agencies. Every lender has their own system and criteria for lending.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Can anyone tell me why there is such a huge difference in my credit reports regarding credit scoring please? Experion have me listed at a high "Good" and Noodle give me 1 out of 5!

I have 2 outstanding Barclays debts left after years of "sorting" others out. One a current account of £450 and the other a Loan for approx £1200 the latter not paid due to Barclays helping themselves to proceeds from my current account for "charges" on said account which had been dormant for years.

They had unbeknownst to me decided to invent an overdraft on the current account which I never used, because of some sort of "change of use" policy they implemented so this amount is all bank charges increasing at the last glimpse at £22 per week!!!! Spoke to them years ago without success and as the 2 accounts will be SB next year decided to let them stew.

Nothing else negative showing on Noodle except that I do not have any borrowings (I thought that was the whole idea when getting out of debt!) and my existing current account/cell phone account etc all squeaky clean except no overdraft/credit cards or loans which seem to give you a better credit rating.

I am hoping to get approx £2000 0% credit for eye surgery soon and I will be gutted if I am turned down over this.

Anyone know what is going on?

Hi,

Some points.

1. Noddle is a free off shoot of Call Credit using second hand data often producing inconsistent data.

2. It is not generally accessed by potential lenders.

3. All three of the main CRAs work in differing ways as to how they arrive at a " score" which is intended as a " day to day " indication of how a credit application MAY be viewed by a potential lender.

4. The lack of current well managed credit account has a detrimental affect on the credit "score" you see on the report.

5. Potential Lenders each have unique " rating" systems which they use together with certain data from the credit file i.e. Electoral Roll data/Length of time at address/ total credit available/ % of total credit utilised/ the overall picture of credit management e.g. late or missed payments. The Number of credit applications made in the last year.

If you check Equifax you may get a different picture yet again.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Experian are far too optimistic with their scores. Basically if you are up-to-date with you current cards and accounts but have old defaults and CCJs still showing they will give you an "Excellent" rating

Experian are far too optimistic with their scores. Basically if you are up-to-date with you current cards and accounts but have old defaults and CCJs still showing they will give you an "Excellent" rating

From experience I don't see them as optimistic any more than the other agencies.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: