Work and Pensions Committee Report on ESA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3604 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201415/cmselect/cmworpen/302/302.pdf

In summary:-

'The flaws in the existing ESA system are so grave that simply “rebranding” the WCA by

taking on a new provider will not solve the problems: a fundamental redesign of the ESA

end-to-end process is required, including its outcomes, and the descriptors used in the

WCA. This will be time-consuming and complex but the redesigned ESA assessment

process needs to be in place by the time a completely new contract, involving multiple

providers, is tendered in 2018.'

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

I submitted evidence which basically said what that summary says.

Rather than focussing on ATOS, I pointed out that the WCA doesn't do what ESA was originally intended to do and that's get people off benefits and back into employment that is tailored to their needs, which seems to be the overall outcome of the enquiry. I'm not holding my breath that it will make any difference though.

They are trying to force the government to have very specific undertakings in the new contract relating to accessibility of assessment centres and DWP issuing the ESA50 and deciding who needs a face to face amongst other things, which are more likely to be actioned.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Have they only just realised this? The problem was the assessment not the company! That said many assessors were devoid of compassion or communication skills.

Yes the problem is the unelected coalition, labour and DWP. So just about all of em.