Section 172 road traffic act

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3621 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not sure if i am posting in the correct place as i have not posted under the transport forum before. Sure someone can move it if it is in the wrong place. My daughter has recieved a letter from the local old bill requesting identity. The letter says her car was observed blah blah commiting the offence of "Use a prohibited vehicle on a road subject to a restriction / prohibition " Can anyone advise what the offence actually means does not sound likje a simple parking offence to me ??? Thanks

Was there a road closure and she drove down it ? Or was there a situation where she parked her car in a place, where there was a notice of intended works ? Locally there was going to be some road works and notices were placed advising this. There were some cars parked causing a delay to the works and I believe car reg numbers were given to the Police.

That would be my guess, as it is to with a road that had some prohibition/restriction notice.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Just remember at the moment they are only requesting who the driver was in the car at that point in time. Regardless of whether you think she may be guilty or not guilty of any offence, you still need to give those details within 28 days else the Registered Keeper could be found guilty of Failure to Furnish which is 6 points and a £~600 fine.

Apologies for the formatting in my posts, I do put paragraphs in but the forum removes them for some reason :(