Barclaycard debt passed to Wescott - Help

Crux83
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3544 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a letter from Wescot today titled - ''Notice of debt collection''.

We have been instructed by our client(Barclaycard commercial) to collect the outstanding balance on their behalf.

The amount outstanding is £1174.95 which (judging by my statement) is comprised of £778.95 on purchases and £396 default fees.

I started a little business(sole trader) 3 years ago that went absolutely nowhere and this is where this debt is derived from.

Now...I had been making payments on this account but for a good 6 months I have not been in a position to keep up, and therefore I find myself in this situation.

My goal is to try and offer this company(Wescot) a small percentage of what is outstanding as I simply can't afford the full balance.

I just want to get rid of this debt as swiftly as possible.

I would like to know how to go about achieving my goal ie.

Do I send a letter requesting a F&F settlement straight away or are there other routes I need to go down first?

Also could the default charges due not be offset against the full balance?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Craig.....newbie

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello & welcome to CAG..

First things first. DO NOT contact wetcloths at all!

Deal direct with sharklaycard.

You need to reclaim all of those charges that they have added to your account, including any interest that has accrued on them.

Contact sharklaycard in writing ONLY, stay off the phone, you need a paper trail of evidence.

Contact them and make them an offer that is reasonable and comfortable for you to make.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hello Craig,

Welcome to CAG,

Wescott are just assigned to collect the debt, and would have to pass any offer of full and final settlement back to Barclays.

Personally I would make the offer direct to Barclays, around 10% of the outstanding balance, the offer being made on condition that the remaining balance is not to be sold or assigned or collection to any 3rd party.

If this debt is on your credit reference files the offer is also conditional upon the file being marked as settled.

No payment should be made to any party until you have a written agreement in your hand.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi troopers....and thanks for the quick response.

what we are saying here is write a letter and make an offer of say around £120 as full and final settlement(affordable)

and mention that a substantial part of the debt includes default charges?

Or are these 2 separate letters I should write?

Is there anywhere I could find template letters for inspiration?

I'd like to determine the tone of the letter as well as what exactly should be highlighted.

Also...do I send the letter to the P.O Box addy stated at the top of the statement?

The debt doesn't appear on my noddle report but I'm sure its on file somewhere in the corporate world.

You guys rock!

1) Subject access request Barclays - Ask for everything - Sugn it and send a £10 cheque/postal order (Keep receipts etc)

2) CCA request Barclays - crossed postal order £1

3) Communicate via recorded delivery letters only. Take a copy and scan it in with prrof of postage and delivery attached.

4) read this thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?309037-Charges-older-than-6-years-***WON***-Compound-Int-t-and-**NO-SET-OFF**/page4

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Cheers for that @Sabresheep. I have downloaded those pdf's( SAR and CCA) and will look at getting them sent off by morning. If I may ask.. what is the purpose of the SAR? I have a vague idea of the type of information it may hold but once I obtain this info what should I do with it?

Cheers

Part of the sar is transaction lists.

In most cases BC will simply supply statements instead

Use these statments to note Date Reason and amount of any "Non interest charges" such as overlimit fees late peyment fees, returned item fees etc Also look for any PPI

CCA also helps to see if you have PPI

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

sounds like wetcloth are trying to spoof you.

i'd go get your exerian file

but make SURe you cancel before the 30days.

if its not on your credit file

then whats the rush to pay it?

what was the debt type by the way.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

aha Barclaycard.

how old?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

@dx100uk i've had this account since the end of 2010.

Its only this morning I received the Wescot letter.

Is an experian report more detailed than a noddle?

@sabresheep thanks for your reply..

.I'll get these sorted for morning as I'd like to draw a line under this as soon as possible.

I am sure I'll run into many delays though.

DO I just ignore Wescot while I am communicating with BC?

Yes ignore wetcloths, they can't do anything less for sending silly little missives with big words they found in a dictionary.

Deal direct with BC.

An experian credit report will be more accurate and up to date, Noddle takes a while to update, although if it's been running for a few months gives a good indication of what is on there.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Found 2 addresses for barclays.... Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP

or FREEPOST: RLTA CSUE TCHC

Customer Relations

Barclays Bank Plc

Leicester

LE87 2BB

COuld somebody please as advise as to whether the cca and sar requests need to be sent to 1 of these?

Thank you

Found 2 addresses for barclays.... Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP

or FREEPOST: RLTA CSUE TCHC

Customer Relations

Barclays Bank Plc

Leicester

LE87 2BB

COuld somebody please as advise as to whether the cca and sar requests need to be sent to 1 of these?

Thank you

SAR to reg office address to the data controller, CCA to Wescott compliance manager.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Thanks brigadier! SO no CCA to Barclays? My apologies for all the silly questions its just I was under the impression there was no need to communicate with Wescott?

Wescott are acting as agents therefore CCA should go to bC

Use the churchill place address. I would address it to the Company Secretary.

Its then up to them to get the request to the appropriate place.

make sure you use head the letter in big bold letters CCA REQUEST and the other SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST

leave the PO for the CCA blank

do not sign the letter either

SAR, have you moved since you took the card out?

dx

and they

slow down a minute

and they

you don't need to use recorded

1st class with free proof of posting will do

when you get the PO's at the counter

with the SAR

you will need to add a line detailing your old addresses

and include a copy of your current CTAX bill

as proof of present residence

sign the SAR.

and they

No need to sign CCA correct, however they usually take offence to this and begin dragging their heels claiming they need it to process your request.

SAR is always signed yes.

Thanks brigadier! SO no CCA to Barclays? My apologies for all the silly questions its just I was under the impression there was no need to communicate with Wescott?

A CC request is sent to the Debt Collection Agency Chasing the Debt, if they cannot produce a compliant agreement/copy the debt cannot be enforced through court action.

Under the new fca regs the DCA (When acting as an agent and not as a debt owner) can comply with your cca request merely by giving you the address of the debt OWNER where you should send your CCA request.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Barclays received these documents on the 23/07/14 and

I still have not heard anything from them.

I have however noticed that they have appointed a new company called BCW to retrieve the outstanding debt.

Do you perhaps know how long they normally have to respond to my requests?

1 more thing..

.. yesterday I accidently transferred some funds from my Natwest business account

to the barclays account in question

and I was wondering how this could affect this situation?

Craig

just another fake/tame solicitor.

nothing to worry about

dx

and they