Vodafone - Lee ******Resolved******

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3593 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

7358756 email ref

Hello

Can you help

A single 6 hour long call was made a few days ago

This was accidenly done - smartphone touch screen

Would you be able to refund/cancel this call

Also would it be possible to put a £20 cap on this £8 contract ?

Thank you

Edited by willt86

its not such a smart phone in letting you make a useless 6 hour call...

i thought that if no sound was made the network would automatically cut you off?

If I've given you advice, then it is just my thoughts / opinions - doesn't mean I am right!

sorry, i seem to be wrong re phone cuts off if there is no sound. i tried to google this info and couldn't find anything.

If I've given you advice, then it is just my thoughts / opinions - doesn't mean I am right!

consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?334247-Accidental-0843-call-on-vodafone-mobile-cost-me-over-%A353-any-help-please

consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?390570-Accidental-call-on-vodafone-mobile-cost-me-over%A3100-any-help-please

Yes my fault, but according to these two threads Lee from Vodafone was able to refund these two customers.

• 2 weeks later...

What had happened

So I received a text message saying that my bill was unusual £150+ from vodafone

Found out I had a call connected accidentally overnight for 6 hour this used up all my 300mins then I had made some normal calls once my 300 minutes where used up (didn't know about this) and was about to be billed £205.39. Should only be £8 a month.

Looked around online for what to do if I should go down to the store or phone up but instead I came across this forum. Another user had a simialr problem and Lee was able to help them.

I then followed the instructions from a sticky needed to email Vodafone customer care to get an email ref number. Then I created this topic, Lee seen that I needed help and got into contact with me over the phone. Due to my payment date coming up I was charged £205.39 but with Lee's help I was refunded £184.39. So this month's bill comes to £21 which is just Vodafone charging me as if I had unlimited mins. £21 is a lot better that £205.

To sum up I am thankful for Lee in sorting this out for me I am not sure if I would of been refunded if I had of went to the store.

Also Vodafone for refunding my mistake.

• 2 weeks later...