DIY PCN placed on car

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3630 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife parked in a LA car park and as the 2 machines weren't working and she just needed to "pop into the shop"

she did just that and came back to a ticket. Nothing weird about that but...

This was more of a home made ticket!

Nice bright yellow box with "Penalty Charge Notice"

and "Do not ignore" on the front and on the back, all handwritten...

Reg

£130 fine

for further details or to make any other complaints or inquiries Please contact 0800731732

ticket issues under traffic section 69

WARDENID: PC10D75

I know there is nothing illegal about handwriting (or possibly even spelling/tense mistakes), but what's the current wisdom on these things? Wait for a letter?

Thanks all

lol, it doesn't say. What I typed into the original message was the entirety of the notice. I do know that the car park is a Local Authority car park, but they do outsource the pay and display and enforcement. I would assume it's the private company, but no way of proving either way

if that is the correct telephone number on the ticket, then i would say wait until you see what comes through the post, i have just dialed it and the number is not available, so that would tell me it is not a local authority ticket, are you able to post up a copy of the ticket, minus any reg number/car details

Good work! didn't want to dial in case it was a [problem] and a whole redirect thing ended up costing lots more. As it happens, I just went back to the scene of the 'crime' and took a photo of the sign in the area which states that the fine for non-display of a ticket is £50 - so this thing is unenforceable any way.

Looking forward to receiving any follow up from the LA

I used to deal in phone numbers and have a full list of allocations from Ofcom. 0800 731 *** was allocated to BT in 1997. 0800 can be either 6 or 7 digits after the 0800 itself.

If someone has called the number and it's not working then how can the person who wrote the 'ticket' expect to be paid ?

A Penalty Charge Notice has to give the details of the issuing authority or company. I'd take it in to the council and show them, if it's real they can advise, if it's a spoof they can take action - or try to.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

It's certainly not a council PCN. I did used to work in Parking at my local council and someone brought us in a fake ticket someone had put under their wiper. Apart from noting that it was apparently going on, there was absolutely nothing we could do. It's more of a police matter is some sort of fraud is going on.