16 x Searches By Lowell Group

fkofilee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3651 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As you guys know ive been dealing with Lowell and I though i had finally go the bottom of it. But was i wrong...

After checking my credit profile Lowell have 16 entries for searching in the last 2 years... Dates below;

09/12/2013

17/11/2013

16/11/2013

15/11/2013

11/11/2013

04/11/2013

04/11/2013

01/11/2013

01/11/2013

29/10/2013

07/10/2013

09/09/2013

27/08/2013

09/08/2013

01/08/2013

03/07/2013

To me? This seems excessive...What do i do?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Complain to ICO for starters, I think.

Also to the CRA

Okay seems pretty fair on that point... But will the ICO actually listen?

Just spoken to my original case handler at Lowell and they said this shouldnt have happened and they are going to look into it with the result of getting these removed.

Ive also advised payments will stop to the Cap One Card if this isnt sorted...

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I think these searches are automatic as lots of complaints are made that, Lowells in particular, make nigh on monthly searches of the CRA files..

I am not sure how, but you can tell the CRAs and creditors that you dont want automatic searches, but apparently that causes problems if you apply for credit.

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I think these searches are automatic as lots of complaints are made that, Lowells in particular, make nigh on monthly searches of the CRA files..

I am not sure how, but you can tell the CRAs and creditors that you dont want automatic searches, but apparently that causes problems if you apply for credit.

Ive just been informed that these were manual checks... Could i just add that my experian credit report shows my current address only until it updates tonight with all the new addresses... This then means that I will see ALL Searches done by Lowell in the last 2 years...

These accounts have been with them for almost 18 months... Whats even worse is that the Cap One Credit Card Defaulting and these searches being excessive have made Natwest decline my appeal for a further upgraded current account!!!

They shouldnt have told me but they did! :/

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

So my experian credit file updated... Erm...

16 being bad enough? How about 119 searches in the last 2 years ?

Excessive by far, if these are what used to be known as Table 1 searches rather that T2 (Not seen by others only you) then they will have a major effect on your credit profile.

Raise a formal complaint with Lowell, address is to Ms Sara de Tute , Director of Legal & Compliance, The Lowell Group, Ellington House. 9 Savannah Square, Leeds Valley Park,

Leeds, LS10 1AR. use signed for post.

Send a copy of complaint to the ICO at the same time.

A little more info please how are these searches " labelled" Debt Collection, Outstanding Debt, Unrecorded Search?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: