Halifax Mortgage arrears and pending repossession ** Urgent **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3616 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume a Rip-Off it will be!! I am having a fight with them at the moment.

They refunded the premiums and a laughable amount of interest, it seems to be their policy.

They have to explain how they calculated the interest according to the FOS.

I succeeded in getting them to refund the over limit charges and the CORRECT interest on that and this also prove their PPI interest is wrong.

I created this thread on what they should do in a proper redress:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?283603-Ensure-you-get-a-proper-account-redress-after-a-PPI-refund-including-over-limit-charges

In this thread I uploaded a spreadsheet which one can use to calculate the redress:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?88004-PPI-Successes/page13&p=3194377#post3194377

I have some good experience in calculating the correct redress, let me know if you need help!

Okay what I dont get is how their premium rate differs to mine, even though i paid off these loans before the full terms were up I still had PPI front loaded onto these..and they have added more ppi on a loan that was basically a top up..

• 5 months later...

Afternoon Caggers..

I am looking at claiming back mortgage charges from Halifax which inlude letter/call charges plus a debt advisor callout and other charges due to arrears on the account and a session in court therefore solicitors charges as well.I got a suspended possession order around a 18-20 months ago but all arrears are cleared now and mortgage account uup to date

The only issue is that I still have the Halifax mortgage but am not tied in,has anybody else claimed charges back while still holding a mortgage with the lender or in this case Halifax ?

• 4 months later...

Hi All...I have had some great advice on here which saved me from a repossession to the point my finances are well and truly under control.As a follow on from this Halifax switched me to a interest only mortage as from Oct 2009 to help me through this period.I have recieved a letter from Halifax to say this was not intended for long term and they are now removing this option 30 days from the dated letter (and will send me a recalulated amount via a letter 8th August) for repayment.The last repayments before the interest only were around £760 per month.At the moment I could afford £600 comfortably.The interest only payments were £390.I have a contact number for their payment difficulties dept , but am wondering what my options are ?I was planning on staying on interest only and paying off a lump sum per month to reduce the arrears.I have also looked at getting a fixed rate for say two years..but not sure what products they provide..The other option is another mortgage provider but with my credit record being ok not good ,might be restricted to those lenders that only cater for bad credit.Can I force Halifax to switch me to interest only option instead ?I am currently working fulltime for a government dept with overtime so have funds available.Any guidance most welcome

• 2 years later...

Hi All.

I was helped out here a couple of years back on mortgage arrears which saved my house and I was grateful for the assistance.

Now have 5 months arrears total of around £4000 due to loss of job in Feb 2014 and intermittent/wrong pay of umbrella company.

I am now on a 6 month contract with good pay and am trying to come to an arrangement with Halifax.

Got a call today from the legal dept to say that due to a non contractual payment since Feb they are now going for repossesion.

I explained the situation above but they stated unless payment was in the thousands they would still continue.

I have paid some token payments over the months of £100 here and there , normaly monthly payment is £700

Stupidly this has all been agreed over the phone and nothing in writing. I have also made payment arrangements over the phone but these have been broken due to the umbrella company issue as above.

I have not a steady income since the end of April and have now managed to get a regular weekly payment of around £600. The issue is when my funds are released hence today they are due to hit my account at 6pm but mortgage dept closed at 5pm, the Halifax guy was not having any of it and said I had to make a payment today.

So a few questions :

I originally was on suspended order which was imposed the first time, I have read the lender can go back to court and now demand repossession in 28 days is this correct ?

I can realistically pay £1000 per month now so £700 for mortgage and rest for arrears, should I put that in writing now ?

Is it worth using a company who claim to be able to stop repossession even at this stage ?

I intend to keep paying what I can each week to try and show willing but am worried the court will now side with Halifax since the last arrears.

The guy at Halifax said solicitors would now be involved and this could cost around £1500 unless a payment of contractual amount plus arrears could be paid today but as mentioned my weekly pay has not cleared my account yet.

About 2-3 weeks back one of the other reps from Halifax said if I could make a contractual payment they would set up a payment plan but I was unable to raise it at the time.

Any urgent assistance would be most helpful.

Hi All.

I was helped out here a couple of years back on mortgage arrears which saved my house and I was grateful for the assistance.

Now have 5 months arrears total of around £4000 due to loss of job in Feb 2014 and intermittent/wrong pay of umbrella company.

I am now on a 6 month contract with good pay and am trying to come to an arrangement with Halifax.

Got a call today from the legal dept to say that due to a non contractual payment since Feb they are now going for repossesion.

I explained the situation above but they stated unless payment was in the thousands they would still continue.

I have paid some token payments over the months of £100 here and there , normaly monthly payment is £700

Stupidly this has all been agreed over the phone and nothing in writing. I have also made payment arrangements over the phone but these have been broken due to the umbrella company issue as above.

I have not a steady income since the end of April and have now managed to get a regular weekly payment of around £600. The issue is when my funds are released hence today they are due to hit my account at 6pm but mortgage dept closed at 5pm, the Halifax guy was not having any of it and said I had to make a payment today.

So a few questions :

I originally was on suspended order which was imposed the first time, I have read the lender can go back to court and now demand repossession in 28 days is this correct ?

I can realistically pay £1000 per month now so £700 for mortgage and rest for arrears, should I put that in writing now ?

Is it worth using a company who claim to be able to stop repossession even at this stage ?

I intend to keep paying what I can each week to try and show willing but am worried the court will now side with Halifax since the last arrears.

The guy at Halifax said solicitors would now be involved and this could cost around £1500 unless a payment of contractual amount plus arrears could be paid today but as mentioned my weekly pay has not cleared my account yet.

About 2-3 weeks back one of the other reps from Halifax said if I could make a contractual payment they would set up a payment plan but I was unable to raise it at the time.

Any urgent assistance would be most helpful.

Sorry should have added I have had no letters from the Halifax over this period showing my arrears or asking to pay.

I will send out an S.O.S to Ellen and Leah for you :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Dont forget that both Leah and Ellen have day jobs so might not respond until later on :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Dont forget that both Leah and Ellen have day jobs so might not respond until later on :)

Of course ! Any advice given is greatly appreciated !

Hi there - please, please do not use one of the companies who say they can stop repossession, they charge hundreds of pounds for something you can do yourself for just the court fee and the money would be better put towards the arrears - we can help you with the paperwork whis isn't complicated at all.

Make a payment as soon as you can (do they have a payment line that is open on a Saturday morning?) and also write to Halifax explaining why the arrears arose and offering your payment arrangement again (I can draft a letter for you).

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi there - please, please do not use one of the companies who say they can stop repossession, they charge hundreds of pounds for something you can do yourself for just the court fee and the money would be better put towards the arrears - we can help you with the paperwork whis isn't complicated at all.

Make a payment as soon as you can (do they have a payment line that is open on a Saturday morning?) and also write to Halifax explaining why the arrears arose and offering your payment arrangement again (I can draft a letter for you).

Hi Ell-en

Appreciate you taking the time out for this.

I can make a small payment tomorrow into my local Halifax branch as a start(still waiting for my salary to clear )

I called Halifax at 17.30 to be told legal dept was not available until Monday, I explained this to the legal guy this morning that I would not get paid until after 17.30 today.

My concern is I already have a suspended possession order from 2009 so Halifax may go for warrant of posession !

Not sure if they are going down the same suspended route in which case I will have a couple of months to continue to make payments.

In reality I could now afford the contractual and about £200 on top for arrears, so should I offer this in a letter ?

Hi, I'll draft a letter and post on here later. It would probably be best to wait for your salary to clear before making a payment, nothing would show up until monday anyway.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi, I'll draft a letter and post on here later. It would probably be best to wait for your salary to clear before making a payment, nothing would show up until monday anyway.

Thanks Ell-enn

Hi, I have drafted a letter for you but need a little more information.

Is the mortgage in joint names?

Are you able to make a payment tomorrow ? if so, how much?

You should complete the affixed budget sheet which will show you how much you can reaslistically afford (it calculates automatically as you fill it in). Let me know when you have filled it in.

You then need to send it with the letter. If they do take action for eviction we can show the judge in your defence that you tried to come to an arrangement.

Hi, I have drafted a letter for you but need a little more information.

Is the mortgage in joint names?

Are you able to make a payment tomorrow ? if so, how much?

You should complete the affixed budget sheet which will show you how much you can reaslistically afford (it calculates automatically as you fill it in). Let me know when you have filled it in.

You then need to send it with the letter. If they do take action for eviction we can show the judge in your defence that you tried to come to an arrangement.

Hi Ell-enn

Thanks for coming back to me.

Yes in joint names..

Payment of £300 ( with another £300 on Friday )

Just a quick question I had my arrears back in 2009 and these were amalgamated back into mortgage after six successful payments. It has been five years since so will Halifax be able to go for a warrant of possession without having to go back down the court route as I am still technically on a suspended order.

There must be a large number of charges on account should I raise this with Halifax or best to leave for now ?

I have asked a couple of times ( over phone ) to setup a payment plan but they refused until they got one solid contractual payment

Hi, the lender will still be able to enforce the suspended possession order I'm afraid. When will you start making the normal monthly payment + amount towards arrears ?

Hi, the lender will still be able to enforce the suspended possession order I'm afraid. When will you start making the normal monthly payment + amount towards arrears ?

Normal payment plus arrears the end of June, although I may be able to scrape together a full contractual amount by the end of Friday and they may set up a payment plan but the guy in the legal dept was being unhelpful and pretty rude to be honest so not sure if this chance has passed..

I have read that the SPO can be enforced in a shorter timescale is that correct ?

Two possible things in my favour is conformation that contract extended and also I have a child in the property.

Hi, just before I finalise the letter - have you completed the budget sheet yet? Are you sure you can afford £300 per month extra towards the arrears? if you are unsure you should offer £200 as it would take under two years to clear the arrears and that is an acceptable time.

Hi, just before I finalise the letter - have you completed the budget sheet yet? Are you sure you can afford £300 per month extra towards the arrears? if you are unsure you should offer £200 as it would take under two years to clear the arrears and that is an acceptable time.

No not completed yet , and yes this amount is affordable as my current take home pay is £700 per week so should be able to clear quicker.

Could I be served with a conviction notice for 28 days if the court sides with Halifax ?

OK, letter affixed, send by recorded delivery and keep a copy for yourself - you will need to affix the budget sheet. If you'd like me to look at your budget sheet before you send it please let me know.

It's an eviction order not conviction. If the Halifax apply for a warrant of eviction you will have to apply to the court for a hearing to stop it - we will help you with the paperwork. By sending the letter and making payment tomorrow and Friday, hopefully they won't take further action.

OK, letter affixed, send by recorded delivery and keep a copy for yourself - you will need to affix the budget sheet. If you'd like me to look at your budget sheet before you send it please let me know.

It's an eviction order not conviction. If the Halifax apply for a warrant of eviction you will have to apply to the court for a hearing to stop it - we will help you with the paperwork. By sending the letter and making payment tomorrow and Friday, hopefully they won't take further action.

Many thanks that has put my mind at rest for the moment.

What is the difference with conviction over eviction ?

Eviction is where you are removed from the premises.

Conviction is where they lock you up :)

BCOBS

Also, conviction is usually for a criminal matter and having mortgage arrears is certainly not a crime :)